• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pfft, New Zealand win the toss & bowl just for a change, probably largely due to Vettori being out, but still I'd like to see us bat first on days like this

inbox24

International Debutant
Such a defensive move by NZ to bowl first. Does this look like a seaming pitch, because there are no clouds in the sky.

Zinzan

Why the hell was O'Brien dropped, yet Mills is maintained. C'mon Kyle, bowl a few more no-balls, lucky not to be called for a 3rd time tbh

inbox24

International Debutant
Then why did they bowl first? Doesn't McCullum have enough faith in himself, Ryder, Taylor, Guptill, Oram et al to make a decent total on a small ground and lightning outfield?

Zinzan

Then why did they bowl first? Doesn't McCullum have enough faith in himself, Ryder, Taylor, Guptill, Oram et al to make a decent total on a small ground and lightning outfield?
Agree, I think without Vettori's bowling they don't think they can restrict India chasing, but you're right in that it's defensive

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Because NZ always chase as they are more comfortable with chasing than setting a total. It has got to the stage where they put the opposition in no matter what the pitch is like.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I hate front-foot no-balls with a passion. I know you're steaming in at a decent pace, but how ****ing hard is it to sort out where your foot lands? And then you go and make the same mistake not once but twice (and get away with the second one)? Useless.

Zinzan

Because NZ always chase as they are more comfortable with chasing than setting a total. It has got to the stage where they put the opposition in no matter what the pitch is like.
Yeah its a ridiculous mentally, thought they would have learn't their lesson after the Sydney one-dayer

Natman20

International Debutant
Everyone refers NZ to a chasing team but this team is completely different to the one which had Astle's and McMillans. I don't believe this NZ team is as good chasing. It forces the new players to play above the strike-rate than they want to and they get out. I think this team would be better setting a total.