• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

ozone

First Class Debutant
Third over FFS. If its going to take us 100+ overs to bowl a side out, we don't want to waste referrals, especially given the umpires out there and their effinity with ****e decisions.
Well, thats the other one out the way then. Not really got too many complaints with that being referred because it looked out to me first time as well, but what with the wasted one earlier, we have truly left ourselves up a creek without a paddle.

ozone

First Class Debutant
BTW, that last no-ball of Amjads was 92.8 mph so at least he's quick, even if if can't keep his front foot behind the line or bowl straight.

EDIT: No ball before last then.

King Pietersen

International Captain
First no ball of this over read 92.9mph =O That last one was just a shocker though, read over 90mph, but was short and wide down the leg side. Not been massively impressed, good pace though.

pskov

International 12th Man
Boycs found that Khan wide hilarious, laughing all over Aggers as he was trying to describe it.

sammy2

Banned
Well, thats the other one out the way then. Not really got too many complaints with that being referred because it looked out to me first time as well, but what with the wasted one earlier, we have truly left ourselves up a creek without a paddle.
Was going down to me at first sight, ball hit and you can two stumps = no chance.

and khan is just throwing the ball all over the place :laugh:

Last edited:

Evermind

International Debutant
The fella seems to think no one has played a bowler of that speed before, that if he just bowls fast he's gonna get a wicket.

tooextracool

International Coach
With the kind of action that AK has, Id be very surprised if he manages to bowl 2 balls on the same spot. His head position at delivery point is facing down and its hardly surprising that he is having problems with his accuracy. I can see why England management rate him, because he bowls off cutters at a fairly decent pace, and I wouldnt be surprised if he can get the ball to reverse swing, but at the moment he looks more like Sajid Mahmood than anything else.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
The fella seems to think no one has played a bowler of that speed before, that if he just bowls fast he's gonna get a wicket.
Well you can't blame a quick bowler for trying to bowl quick.

It's his confidence and the straightness of his arm that I'm worried about

sammy2

Banned
With the kind of action that AK has, Id be very surprised if he manages to bowl 2 balls on the same spot. His head position at delivery point is facing down and its hardly surprising that he is having problems with his accuracy. I can see why England management rate him, because he bowls off cutters at a fairly decent pace, and I wouldnt be surprised if he can get the ball to reverse swing, but at the moment he looks more like Sajid Mahmood than anything else.
On the carib site they are calling him a chucker.

pskov

International 12th Man
Boycott: "He played down the Picadilly and it was on the Bakerloo" :laugh:

Also, "That's what Bell does occasionally." No holds barred here Geoffrey. :laugh:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Boycs is reusing old lines then. He used the 'Bakerloo' line when describing Michael Vaughan getting bowled (I think it was) in the 2005 Ashes.