• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is Morkel the worst test bowler SA has ever produced?
The Southern Hemisphere's very own Harmy.

Anyone think SA may have taken Aus too lightly after beating us over here? Their discipline so far this series has been nothing at all like what they showed out here. Is it rustiness or an element of not being mentally switched on?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
But yeah, bloody tiresome. He's not the only Saffie giving Hughes ****, though. Genetic inability to give credit for unorthodoxy.
Yeah, Pommie and Nicolas the only ones who seem to be doing anything other than laying **** on him. Cullinan has been all over him this morning.

Top_Cat

Yeah, Pommie and Nicolas the only ones who seem to be doing anything other than laying **** on him. Cullinan has been all over him this morning.
Cullinan's a ****. In fairness, his left-arm was high and foot to the pitch every time Warnie nailed him on the crease or took his middle-peg.

Craig

World Traveller
South Africa are playing the same team for the fifth Test in a row, surely this must be some sort of record?

Last edited:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Have to say, the first time I saw him in the last match, I thought 'wtf?' having heard all you guys going on about how great he was. Though he's got the results so it obviously works for him. I'm surprised they're still going on about it.

Uppercut

Cullinan's a ****. In fairness, his left-arm was high and foot to the pitch every time Warnie nailed him on the crease or took his middle-peg.
I absolutely love the fact that a top-class test batsman is remembered almost exclusively for being Warnie's bunny.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Haha yeah was saying the same thing to Clapham earlier.

Smitteh says:
*he's missed a few of them (re: his cut shot)
*cullinan was ripping into him for playing and missing a fair bit
*hey darryl, remember the flipper?
*yeah
*thought so, ****

NZ4life!

Cricket Spectator
Is anyone else getting sick of Kepler Wessels rubbishing Hughes' technique? Did he ever see himself bat?
Who cares if he's unorthodox, he's effective. 50 last match, just about there again. I'm almost hoping he gets there, despite the fact I'm supporting the saffa's

Last edited:

Briony

International Debutant
Doesn't matter how you make them, it's if you make them that counts. Hughes before long will be equal to any of the SA batters who struggle against swing etc. McKenzie's tripe, Kallis is struggling, Duminy may be in the process of being worked out, Smith is the inswinger's bunny and AB is Mr Inconsistent, so maybe the SA commentators should worry about their own players' shortcomings.

Not to mention the horror that is Morkel's bowling.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Morkel is becoming South Africa’s Steve Harmison. Before his ankle break his approach and bowling action was pretty uncomplicated but since Pak you practically need the stars to be aligned for him to come good. He did a mean impression of Andre Nel today, was all over the place on the pitch and at the point of delivery.

Cracker of start from Aus, Hughes has been feed some right tripe. South Africa not even looking like doing anything, just waiting for one of these guys to **** up…

inbox24

International Debutant
Judging by the way Hughes and Katich are going at it, would I be right in saying this is a flattish pitch?

Briony

International Debutant
SA might be in for a lean period in test cricket unless it can get some more support from Steyn. No talent Morne is not going to cut it. It seems to me sometimes that SA bowls better away than at home.