• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
It simple really unless it is going to be overcast throughout the whole test the pitch will always dry out which means it will take spin later in the piece. Now I was one that wanted 4 seamers in the 1st test but after seeing what happened as the match wore on it was clear the pitch was taking turn.
31 posts in 7 years - some kind of record for people who do actually make a post? :thumbsup:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Boy oh boy, Hughes is the confident type isn't he? Looks absolutely at home in the Test side already. He has what people identified in Mick Clarke early on but has a bazillions runs behind him too.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Boy oh boy, Hughes is the confident type isn't he? Looks absolutely at home in the Test side already. He has what people identified in Mick Clarke early on but has a bazillions runs behind him too.
Looks a million bucks and infinitely better than the first test

Top_Cat

NSW seems to have a monopoly on left-handed opening batsmen with bizarre techniques, it seems. They have three of them now!

Steulen

International Regular
My Sharona...dadadada da da dadadada da da...my Sharona..

Good over from Kallis. Moron Morkel, pay attention to this.

Top_Cat

I was right about SA coming at the Aussies hard but looks like in the process of being more aggressive, they've forgotten about stuff like line/length. Time to pare it back, boys.

Top_Cat

Is anyone else getting sick of Kepler Wessels rubbishing Hughes' technique? Did he ever see himself bat?
You'd think so. He was so slow, he'd have had enough time to walk off, take off his pads and gloves in the dressing room, look back and see his shadow play the shot that got him out.

But yeah, bloody tiresome. He's not the only Saffie giving Hughes ****, though. Genetic inability to give credit for unorthodoxy.