• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Langeveldt

Soutie
Photos - My camera is being used by someone at varsity so it's just crappy point and shoot stuff, the sunrise on the way home this morning definitely made things worth it

pasag

RTDAS
Wow @ how dark it was and the fact they let people on the ground. $6,000 fine if we do that here, even after the match.

Langeveldt

Soutie
We also got free entry on the final day, as opposed to the R30 we had to pay on the other days.. Great stuff from Cricket SA

Briony

International Debutant
Will be interesting to see if McDonald retains his place on what is likely to be another greentop according to the locals because of all the rain they've had recently in Durban. Albertus Morkel might replace his brother or they might leave out Harris. Morne Morkel is a really, really poor batsman and it's ridiculous that he's not listed to go in at #11. All of the other tailenders bat with more composure and intelligence than he does.

pasag

RTDAS
Will be interesting to see if McDonald retains his place on what is likely to be another greentop according to the locals because of all the rain they've had recently in Durban. Albertus Morkel might replace his brother or they might leave out Harris. Morne Morkel is a really, really poor batsman and it's ridiculous that he's not listed to go in at #11. All of the other tailenders bat with more composure and intelligence than he does.
Australia very rarely change winning sides mid-series.

iamdavid

International Debutant
I'm suprised they're considering Albie for a bowling slot, the cupboard must be awfully empty as far as seamers are concerned, whats wrong with Nel is he injured/out of favour/ICL or something?

I can understand them putting Morne at number 8 tbh, he's made some really stupid decisions of late however theres clearly some potential there, has a reasonably sound technique and some nice shots. Much like his bowling if he eliminated some of the stupid errors he could be pretty good.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I think there's still a fair case for picking McGain over McDonald in the second test, unless it's a raging greentop. Even on this wicket, which was pretty helpful for the seamers, Australia's seam attack bowled a lot of overs. Just running with the three of them again could be a bit risky if it's a fairly average wicket.

Wouldn't be overly upset if they retained McDonald if it's a similar surface though. Bowled pretty well in both his test outings so far.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I think there's still a fair case for picking McGain over McDonald in the second test, unless it's a raging greentop. Even on this wicket, which was pretty helpful for the seamers, Australia's seam attack bowled a lot of overs. Just running with the three of them again could be a bit risky if it's a fairly average wicket.

Wouldn't be overly upset if they retained McDonald if it's a similar surface though. Bowled pretty well in both his test outings so far.
Sums my feelings up pretty well. McDonald has done precious little wrong with the ball, but hasn't performed with the bat. If the conditions are less suited to him, he'll be an inferior option to McGain.