• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you rate Mitchell Johnson?

Do you rate Mitchell Johnson?

• Total voters

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Best Australian attack once all are fit should be:

Clark
Lee/Siddle
Johnson
Watson
McGain

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Best Australian attack once all are fit should be:

Clark
Lee/Siddle
Johnson
Watson
McGain
AWTA.

Stu Clark must have been right pissed sitting in a studio in Sydney watching the fellas getting to bowl on that deck.

Debris

International 12th Man
Hate to admit it, but Binga no doubt has to find his form back ASAP. Or else his test career could be finished. Siddle is the maynnnnn these days...
Agreed. Siddle is starting to look like a real find. Brett Lee just looked old in the last two series, no pace or cutting edge.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I can't believe anyone would rather Lee in the Test team after the good form of the 24 year old Siddle.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't believe anyone would rather Lee in the Test team after the good form of the 24 year old Siddle.
This.

Honestly, the best fast bowling attack that Australia could field right now if Lee and Clark were fully fit would be:

Johnson
Clark
Siddle

Lee
Hilfenhaus

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agree with others, surely Siddle has played himself in front of Lee, to be honest though after India etc... I think the selectors would still view Lee as more important than Clark. So while I don't agree with it I honestly believe the selectors would pick

Johnson
Siddle
Lee
Other spinner/all rounder

Clark
Hilfenhaus
Bollinger

Flem274*

123/5
Lee over the long term has proven himself to be solid, on his day he is brilliant but on others he is relatively ineffective, a guy thats good to have but not the star player.

So the question is, can Siddle keep this up? What is Siddle like on days where it won't be brilliant? Overall, is he a better package than Lee?

pasag

RTDAS
Would definitley bring Lee back in if he could prove he's somehow back to his best. Perhaps the break really helped after difficult times in his life. He had his best season ever after the WC layoff after all. Would certainly have him there above Hilfenhaus, for starters.

stephen

Lee over the long term has proven himself to be solid, on his day he is brilliant but on others he is relatively ineffective, a guy thats good to have but not the star player.

So the question is, can Siddle keep this up? What is Siddle like on days where it won't be brilliant? Overall, is he a better package than Lee?
Actually Lee is not a very streaky player. He is very consistent with his wicket taking. He's the kind of guy who will take you four wickets a match whether the wicket is a greentop or a road.

It's not that he's a bad bowler, and has huge heart but over his career he hasn't really become a great bowler. More of a bowler who's better than most around the world, but short of greatness.

I think that Siddle probably has a more promising future than what Lee's future ended up being and at the moment he should be ahead of Lee, even if Lee was fit.

If it wasn't for Lee we'd have seen more of Bichel and Kasper, and as a Queenslander I'd have to say that it's hard to forgive him for that sin.

Johnners

Would definitley bring Lee back in if he could prove he's somehow back to his best. Perhaps the break really helped after difficult times in his life. He had his best season ever after the WC layoff after all. Would certainly have him there above Hilfenhaus, for starters.
Yeah agree with this. Would be interesting to see who would get the new ball though, Ponting seems to change it every other match atm.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Lee won't and shouldn't get a look in if Clark is fit, like the look of Johnson, Siddle and Clark.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Johnson
Siddle
Clark
Krejza/Hauritz/McGain/other spinner
Watson/North

Looks the best line up at the moment. Swap spinners around as you please (but when we get one, stick with them) and if it's a real greentop, include Lee, Bollinger or Hilfenhaus. North/Watson to be 5th bowler (one of them should be in the team IMO).

Evermind

International Debutant
Don't get the Lee hate here. On his day, he's the best bowler in the world. If he gets back to the effectiveness he had a couple of years ago, I'd drop just about anyone for Lee.

Maybe except Clark - he's in the McGrath league. But the best of Lee > the best of this whole lot, comfortably.

social

Don't get the Lee hate here. On his day, he's the best bowler in the world. If he gets back to the effectiveness he had a couple of years ago, I'd drop just about anyone for Lee.

Maybe except Clark - he's in the McGrath league. But the best of Lee > the best of this whole lot, comfortably.
If everyone was fit, Lee should be vying with Hilf/McDonald/McGain/Haurritz/McDonald/etc for the 4th bowling position

He's not as good as Clark whilst Siddle and Johnson are doing an admirable job and you need to bank on the future at some time