• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Good effort from Ramdin, maiden century and came in when the WI were in a bit of trouble at 334-5 and all sorts of controversy was going on.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You know, the amazing thing is that in 162 overs there still hasn't been a 100% genuine standard-ly legit wicket. Gayle's and Smith's both required the referral even though they were clearly out, Hinds' was dubious TSTL, and Chanderpaul's and Nash's were plain wrong.

250 partnership. :blink: And this third new-ball is swinging as much as the first and second ones did.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You know, if I was a West Indies fan I'd almost want to see the declaration as soon as Sarwan makes 300 TBH. Much as it's intreguing to see someone making a dash at the highest Test score, WI would have a genuinely decent chance of victory I think if they gave themselves 4 sessions at a tired England.

If England have a night's sleep this evening, they should... be fine. The worry is that they could lose 3-4 wickets in this evening's session.

Last edited:

Steulen

International Regular
Danger of defeat only starts to appear when Sarwan's out.
Wut?

IMO Windies should start slogging every ball after tea and see if they can get a 300 lead somewhere before lunch tomorrow. Then all they need is another Taylor-Benn special and the series is theirs.

OK, I'll shut up now. Another draw it is then. Now where is that thread about flat pitches...?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wut?

IMO Windies should start slogging every ball after tea and see if they can get a 300 lead somewhere before lunch tomorrow. Then all they need is another Taylor-Benn special and the series is theirs.
West Indies need to bowl, ASAP. That's their best chance.
OK, I'll shut up now. Another draw it is then. Now where is that thread about flat pitches...?
There isn't one recently - think there may just have been some grinds-my-gears thread discussion of the matter.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
375, 400 and now this. I can't see the next generation of English bowlers queueing up to tour the Caribbean :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ultimate irony is that (apart from the fact there was a series in between them in 1998) despite those Lara feats, the bowlers had done pretty damn well in preceding games.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
GOT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SIDEBOTTOM GETS SARWAN SHORT OF 30000000000000000000000000000000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S THE FIRST NON-LBW OF THE INNINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

z

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That were ' cracker of a delivery BTW. And West Indies really, really, really do now - this second, not in a couple of overs' time - want to either throw the bat with wild abandon or declare.

Steulen

International Regular
West Indies need to bowl, ASAP. That's their best chance.
The alternative pathway is upping the runrate considerably, declaring and watch England crumble. Has the disadvantage of it being a chase to win, so actual risk of losing, but it looks like England is there for the taking.

Somehow I don't think Windies have enough confidence for this, so your scenario might actually be better. But that involves a slogfest after tea as well, so please please please let them go for it and make this mathc interesting

EDIT: Sarwan gone...you get your wish granted.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Oh well. Apart from Sobers, would Sarwan's 41 (?) have been the lowest average of any batsman to make a triple century?

Edit: Hanif Mohammad, I guess?

Chubb

International Regular
Oh well. Apart from Sobers, would Sarwan's 41 (?) have been the lowest average of any batsman to make a triple century?

Edit: Hanif Mohammad, I guess?
Gayle's was and is fairly low. Probably Cowper about the same?

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Lawrence Rowe's average was in the 30's. Sobers' may have been even less when he made that 365 (it was his first hundred.