• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I'd probably be watching that (not that I've massive hope for anything terribly interesting there either), except our "red button" is currently inactive. 8-) So thus it's why Sky Sports deem more front-line, or nothing.
At least you are going to get a result.

This is only a few minutes away from given Cook the ball...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ho ho, here we go again. Pitched outside leg, though - that's it for the referrals this innings.

You might say thank **** for that.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just checked the scorecard. Looks like a really bad wicket.

Also, 5 LBWs in 5 wickets must be close to a record.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
After the last Test I could not understand how anybody could not enjoy Test cricket, the sheer excitement and drama of the last day, the last evening.

At the minute I am wondering why I bother with it. What a snoozefest. Glad I have plans today, otherwise I would feel obliged to watch this and do nothing else :sleep:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Another half-hour or so of this and the only team in danger of losing this match will be England.

I absolutely hope we get a result pitch at Queen's Park Oval, otherwise that failure to knock-over the last wicket at The ARG will have proved as costly as any missed wicket ever did.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I am not in any way disrespecting the Windies, who I think are doing exactly as they should and are playing well, but watch matches like this, and the recent Pak V SL test and is it any wonder T20 is taking over the world?

Test cricket at its best is brilliant, but I think Uppercut posted recently that flat pitches are the worst thing in cricket, I completely agree, it's far more damaging than umpire error IMO

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
It doesn’t help that both attacks are bottom of the barrel poor. It just makes for a run buffet.

Can bet given the Windies are 1 zip up, the next wicket won't be any different. You can't blame them but it is tortuous to watch.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It doesn’t help that both attacks are bottom of the barrel poor. It just makes for a run buffet.

Can bet given the Windies are 1 zip up, the next wicket won't be any different. You can't blame them but it is tortuous to watch.
You'd not be surprised if they did that if it's possible (it'd only be sensible really), but if the soil is result-pitch soil there's sod-all anyone'll be doing about it.

And from an England (and I presume neutral) POV you do hope severely that it's a result pitch at QPO. Apparently the last 8 Tests there have had results or summat.

Evermind

International Debutant
This wicket is such garbage you might see Ramdin score a double.

Not watching this anymore. What a waste of time. Same with the SL-Pak game.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I am not in any way disrespecting the Windies, who I think are doing exactly as they should and are playing well, but watch matches like this, and the recent Pak V SL test and is it any wonder T20 is taking over the world?

Test cricket at its best is brilliant, but I think Uppercut posted recently that flat pitches are the worst thing in cricket, I completely agree, it's far more damaging than umpire error IMO
But is this pitch ridiculously flat to the extent we saw in Karachi?

It's not inconceivable that the Windies could have had England out for 300-350 in the first innings - the bowlers created enough chances.

England's current bowling attack is pretty poor as well, so again it boils down to whether it's just a pitch offering nothing for the bowlers, or bowlers bowling badly on a pitch that offers them a little something.