• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

shivfan

Banned
He means that due to our shoddy fielding we deserve to be and can' t disagree too much. Would be in a much stronger position had we taken our catches.
Yeah, I'm deeply disappointed with our catching in the deep....

How much more before England declare?

Funny how this could be a wide.
:unsure:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just now tuning into the match. How have the Windies bowled so far?
Badly, bar Edwards who has been lightning fast and keeps having people dropped off his bowling. There's nothing in it for the spinners, Powell has been himself for all but one ball and Taylor looks like he's carrying an injury of some sort- he's very much down on pace.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I like the understated way Bopara celebrated his maiden test 50, he's no Usman Afzaal, it can be safely said.

Collingwood looking oddly fluent, very strange watching him bat and not feel like I'm having to endure, in fact it's quite entertaining:unsure:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It really is hilariously ridiculous of times the way those who are supposed to produce cricket don't actually know what a chance is - that package shown 5 minutes ago containing a couple of balls that perfectly bisected wicketkeeper and single slip and were never under any circumstance being caught.

Trying to put them in with genuine drops, of which there've been 3 and no more this innings, is ignorant, pure-and-simple. How stupid do they think viewers are?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How can a spinner bowl a no-ball?

Ryan Hinds should be fined for that....
He's not the first nor the last.

All spinners who overstep, so much as once, should be punished severely in a way that means they make the miniscule amount of effort required to avoid ever doing it again. 8-) Absolutely stupid that spinners ever bowl no-balls, yet not-a-few of them do with something approaching regularity.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It really is hilariously ridiculous of times the way those who are supposed to produce cricket don't actually know what a chance is - that package shown 5 minutes ago containing a couple of balls that perfectly bisected wicketkeeper and single slip and were never under any circumstance being caught.

Trying to put them in with genuine drops, of which there've been 3 and no more this innings, is ignorant, pure-and-simple. How stupid do they think viewers are?
The ball that bisected keeper and slips by Strauss off Benn was an example of sloppy fielding, which is what they were talking about, because first slip was so poorly positioned.

Evermind

International Debutant
I wonder if the they've changed the stump mikes these days to some other type than before. The quality of sound of the bat hitting the ball is quite different from how it used to be. It's a lot bassier, less tinny.

BTW Ian Botham always sounds slightly drunk while commentating.

Edwards's action is as ugly as Johnson's. Arg.

Last edited:

shivfan

Banned
He's not the first nor the last.

All spinners who overstep, so much as once, should be punished severely in a way that means they make the miniscule amount of effort required to avoid ever doing it again. 8-) Absolutely stupid that spinners ever bowl no-balls, yet not-a-few of them do with something approaching regularity.
Personally, I'm of the view that spinners who overstep should be hanged, drawn and quartered, but others tell me that my proposed punishment is a bit too extreme....
:ph34r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The ball that bisected keeper and slips by Strauss off Benn was an example of sloppy fielding, which is what they were talking about, because first slip was so poorly positioned.
Nah, there's a massive difference between sloppy fielding (ie, not taking cleanly, whether on the floor or in the air, a ball that comes to you) and poor field-placing.

One is the fielder's fault; the other is generally principally the captain's.

Also, one should always be out; the other can never under any circumstance be so.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I wonder if the they've changed the stump mikes these days to some other type than before. The quality of sound of the bat hitting the ball is quite different from how it used to be. It's a lot bassier, less tinny.
No change, it's just that subcontinental bats make a different noise than those from Britain, West Indies or South Africa.

Evermind

International Debutant
No change, it's just that subcontinental bats make a different noise than those from Britain, West Indies or South Africa.
I have watched more Aus matches than Subcontinental games. The sound is pretty different from about 4-5 years ago.