• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

thierry henry

International Coach
I can't believe Vettori- we made practically exactly the same score, chasing the same score, in the T20 v Australia which he called "one of the worst chases he'd ever seen". Save for the last 3 balls this was an action replay in terms of lack of intent and inability to score at a vaguely acceptable rate through the middle overs.

thierry henry

International Coach
So if Vettori was pissed after not finishing Australia off, how will he be if NZ don't bring this game home?
Exactly....comments like this all through the thread but it's ok now?

Sure I'm gonna get flamed for being negative, I'm as stoked as anyone that we got over the line, but for 19.3 overs it was rubbish...."pacing" the innings to lose with wickets in hand, basically

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
That was a terrible batting performance

Guptill, Taylor, and McCullum bar the last 3 balls came within about 50cm of costing us a match that it was almost impossible to lose after our first 6 overs of batting
Guptill was given a shocker so you can hardly blame him. McCullum needed batsmen to stay with him - what about Oram? He was shocking, he didn't need to try and smash the first ball, atleast look for a single.

You seem to have missed out on blaming Ryder and Broom? Remember, mate, McCullum stayed calm while other threw it away. He won the game for NZ. And give some credit to the Indians, the bowled bloody well in the middle and latter stages.

Watch out, is that the sky falling?

Polo23

International Debutant

Sure I'm gonna get flamed for being negative, I'm as stoked as anyone that we got over the line, but for 19.3 overs it was rubbish...."pacing" the innings to lose with wickets in hand, basically
It's T20...who cares.

As for the "crowd trouble", what exactly was the problem? There were like 3 pieces of paper on the field.

Nutter

U19 Debutant
Great innings from Baz under all sorts of pressure.

TBH don't understand how the commentators think chasing 80 odd off about 6-7 overs is a walk in the park in Twenty20s, regardless of how many wickets you've got. A couple of overs going at 5 runs an over and you're up sh*t creek!

Blakey

State Vice-Captain

I agree it was a poor performance, but blame McCullum and Guptill is drawing a long bow.

thierry henry

International Coach
Guptill was given a shocker so you can hardly blame him. McCullum needed batsmen to stay with him - what about Oram? He was shocking, he didn't need to try and smash the first ball, atleast look for a single.

You seem to have missed out on blaming Ryder and Broom? Remember, mate, McCullum stayed calm while other threw it away. He won the game for NZ. And give some credit to the Indians, the bowled bloody well in the middle and latter stages.

Watch out, is that the sky falling?
I can blame Guptill for the 19 balls he was in, in which he failed to turn the strike over and started the rot/lack of momentum

Oram was put in a bad situation needlessly, ditto Broom

Ryder played well because he made a useful score at a good rate

McCullum didn't stay calm so much as he just couldn't get the ball in the middle, he is really struggling for his best ball-striking form

Fact is, if any of those last 3 shots had gone even slightly wrong (they were all near fielders) we wouldn't have won and it would've deservedly been called a horrible chase, just like the one against Australia

pup11

International Coach
Wow, that was a pretty good game in the end, though Black caps should have never got themselves in that predicament, but nonetheless Brendon McCullum was good enough to get them over the line in the end.

I would like to add, that this new way in which McCullum is building his is innings nowadays, is a very good sign for New Zealand cricket, he seems to taking a lot more responsibility on himself to make sure he is out there for as long as possible, to help mould the innings with his experience.

Polo23

International Debutant
You were in the crowd? There were two interupptions.
No, were you in the crowd?

Yes, I know there were interruptions, but what were they for? The cameras never showed what the problem was, the commentators didn't have an answer and as far as I could tell there was almost nothing that had been thrown on the field.

Since you seem to know what the issue was, feel free to enlighten me.

Precambrian

Banned
Wow, that was a pretty good game in the end, though Black caps should have never got themselves in that predicament, but nonetheless Brendon McCullum was good enough to get them over the line in the end.

I would like to add, that this new way in which McCullum is building his is innings nowadays, is a very good sign for New Zealand cricket, he seems to taking a lot more responsibility on himself to make sure he is out there for as long as possible, to help mould the innings with his experience.
I hope he does not become the newest Dhoni. Useless in T20s. :/

Precambrian

Banned
No, were you in the crowd?

Yes, I know there were interruptions, but what were they for? The cameras never showed what the problem was, the commentators didn't have an answer and as far as I could tell there was almost nothing that had been thrown on the field.

Since you seem to know what the issue was, feel free to enlighten me.
So Indians were chickening out?

Bahahaha, get a life.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
What a game, well done to Brendon for keeping cool yet again, but India seriously need to think hard about getting singles more often.

thierry henry

International Coach
I agree it was a poor performance, but blame McCullum and Guptill is drawing a long bow.
How?

The fundamental problem with that chase was that, despite having wickets in hand, we just scored too slow

There were only 3 players you can possibly blame- Guptill, McCullum, Taylor. All 3 scored at below the required rate, in McCullum's case with the exception of the last 3 balls.

Ryder did his job, and Broom and Oram came in at a point where the other 3 had already stuffed up the chase

thierry henry

International Coach
It's a problem more than a positive

He has gone from reckless, to match-losingly slow

Not convinced he will ever "get it" re: batting tbh

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
they had a bit of crowd trouble in Sri Lanka also, disturbing new trend in countries you dont have history of crowd trouble.

poor guptil within 2 days he has learned what cricket can provide should have been out on wednesday now gets an aboslute shocker

thierry henry

International Coach
Anyway, over all, well bowled and fielded NZ, very impressive in the absence of Mills.

Am less than impressed with the batting, luck has been on our side in that department imo