• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Who were the quickest?
Andy Mathieson, some guy from CD who I don't know the name of. Lockie Ferguson could really crank it up as well.

Then there was another group of bowlers who were about the same speed, if not marginally slower, such as myself, Ili Tugaga, Logan Van Beek and Anurag Verma.

Howsie

International Captain
Andy Mathieson, some guy from CD who I don't know the name of. Lockie Ferguson could really crank it up as well.

Then there was another group of bowlers who were about the same speed, if not marginally slower, such as myself, Ili Tugaga, Logan Van Beek and Anurag Verma.
How quick would Mathieson be these days, 135kmp?

Flem274*

123/5
Bugger, no radio reception in my room and online radio requires some download. Looks as if its up to you guys, who wants to be a commentator? :p

thierry henry

International Coach
Greg Campbell just said he was 46 but according to cricinfo he is 44.

Campbell lieing (making excuses?) or cricinfo dodgy as ever?

Flem274*

123/5
I'd be interested on Jimmys opinion of Verma, he's not particularly threatening imo but he could be a late developer, plus if he had awesome variation he'd be a good OD medium pacer.

Howsie

International Captain
Mathieson on his day is a good couple of yards quicker than Fuller. If Fuller bowls 137, then I wouldn't say low 140s would be out of the question.
Does he still bowl short and wide, cause a few years back he was quick but would just bowl rubbish.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
I'd be interested on Jimmys opinion of Verma, he's not particularly threatening imo but he could be a late developer, plus if he had awesome variation he'd be a good OD medium pacer.
He's a good solid seam bowler. Malaysia would probably be the worst place in the world for him to bowl because he relies on movement off the deck.

Flem274*

123/5
Before the tour started, I saw MS Dhoni trotted out the usual "New Zealand don't have individual talent...they come together and do the basics well"...that may still link strongly to our test side, but I think it's total bollocks now with the ODI side.

You can't tell me the likes of Vettori, Taylor, McCullum, Mills and now potentially Guptill aren't a star in their own right??
100% AWTA.

It doesn't help that we (our media) play along with that **** though. You work on radio don't you? How far have you come to shouting "bull****!" at hosts who I won't name (don't really wanna throw (too much) mud at your colleagues)?