• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

Flem274*

123/5
He is awesome. Trained with him and a few of the Aces guys today. I never realised the subtle variations he puts on each delivery, and how ridiculously pinpoint his accuracy is.
Sounds interesting, must be pretty sweet to train with world class ODI bowlers like him.

Flem274*

123/5
That post was particularly true. :p
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yhats not what she said

Flem274*

123/5
Anaru Mathews, who's been signed to some NRL junior team, used to bowl 130. Hit me a few times too, as a 13 year old number 11, it was scary.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Everyone has bowlers from their youth that everyone thought were rapid and bowled over 130. I still remember in Auckland it was Tom Horrocks and Chris Pausma. It's utter bull****.

It seems rapid because young batsmen are scared little boys.

Flem274*

123/5
Everyone has bowlers from their youth that everyone thought were rapid and bowled over 130. I still remember in Auckland it was Tom Horrocks and Chris Pausma. It's utter bull****.

A) I was no batsman

B) this guy had been speed gunned

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Mills bowls Kallis' pace? Sure...in magical fairy dream land where Mills bowls 5-10 km/h quicker than he actually does.
Mate Kallis has lost his top end speed considerably the last couple of years.

I'm watching the Aust vs SA first test live on the internet and he was bowling this morning mid 120's with the occasional one in the 130's,

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
He is awesome. Trained with him and a few of the Aces guys today. I never realised the subtle variations he puts on each delivery, and how ridiculously pinpoint his accuracy is.
Tell me about it. He's always been accurate. Always up in my ribcage. And yes, has always had that 'slingy' action. Top lad.

Flem274*

123/5
We're you actually there when he was clocked? People always claimed that these bowlers had been speed gunned as well. But now, looking back, they blatantly weren't anywhere near that pace.
Nope, but I'm pretty sure he played for Taranaki at some point, and i doubt they'd lie.

Then again, he's from Spotswood.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Yeah, quoted for truth. This is even true for those who have been clocked by a speed-gun. Speed guns bought by local clubs are usually pretty good for getting a general idea of how fast someone bowls, but they do ocassionally malfunction and spit out crazy readings every 30 balls or so. Those clocked by speed guns will typically let people know about the fastest speed they were clocked at and not their average or their median.

A great example of this is someone I played against who I was told had been clocked at 134. I played him comfortably that day despite Dominic Thornley (NSW batsman who bowls part-time medium pace at about 120-125) working me over in the nets the following week. If this junior bowler was faster than 117 or so, I'm not here.

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
Mate Kallis has lost his top end speed considerably the last couple of years.

I'm watching the Aust vs SA first test live on the internet and he was bowling this morning mid 120's with the occasional one in the 130's,
Where are you watching it?

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah, quoted for truth. This is even true for those who have been clocked by a speed-gun. Speed guns bought by local clubs are usually pretty good for getting a general idea of how fast someone bowls, but they do ocassionally malfunction and spit out crazy readings every 30 balls or so. Those clocked by speed guns will typically let people know about the fastest speed they were clocked at and not their average or their median.

A great example of this is someone I played against who I was told had been clocked at 134. I played him comfortably that day despite Dominic Thornley (NSW batsman who bowls part-time medium pace at about 120-125) working me over in the nets the following week. If this junior bowler was faster than 117 or so, I'm not here.
Where are tyou?