• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're playing at the Emerging Players v England Lions game at Lincoln, so I assume it's ok.

nz0003

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah i checked the weather for Christchurch today and it said "Partly Cloudy 22 Degrees" so hopefully goes alright

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Will still be too cold for the cotton-wool Indian journos. I think we all know what the headlines are going to be if India loses.

"Chilly conditions trip up mighty India".

Polo23

International Debutant
Heard its been looking pretty ****ty down there today and rain yesterday.
My mate told me it's cloudy but will almost certainly clear up tonight. He reckons the last few days in Christchurch have been similar..cloudy with a bit of rain around lunch time for it to all burn off in the afternoon and be beautiful at night.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ok, because generally what I'm reading in non-NZ media about this tour is that:

1. India are teh awesumest evar.
2. NZ will be pwned.
3. Don't even think about contradicting point 2.
4. Did we mention that India generates (insert gigantic amount of money here) and that without them NZ Cricket would shrivel and die?
5. For some reason the weather in NZ isn't to our liking and we feel that we should constantly mention it.

I mean seriously, did you even read the article that started this whole debate? That's what I'm talking about. It was an extreme example, but still. All I ask is for a spot of respect, perspective and - dare I say it - professional journalism instead of cheerleading. That's what the Channel 9 commentary team is for.
haha... mate.. I understand that some stupid journos from India are like that.. You might just be better off limiting your reading of Indian writers to what we post here at CW. :)

That said, this tour indeed is bringing massive money to NZC who have definitely needed it. In fact, the CEO was quoted as saying how important it was that NZ team do well in this series so that they get India to think that they are amongst the top sides and so get more tours scheduled. It is unfortunate that a good team like NZ are reduced to having to "prove" how good they are when in reality it is really India who have to "prove" that all this hype means something... But I guess that is what happens one board is filthy rich and the other desperately needs the money..

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
NZ win the toss and bowl.

EDIT: Should probably read NZ win the toss and UNLEASH O'BRIENNNNNNNNNN

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Why wasn't Franklin in this T20 squad?

Will he be in the one-day squad?
Turner said somewhere (can't be bothered finding the link, but think it was on the Stuff website) that Franklin's bowling was too hittable etc etc. Not sure if he'll be in the one-day squad either, but really if he's not bowling with a lot of control he probably shouldn't be. All I really care about is that he gets the match-fitness and bowling in the next few weeks domestically so that he could be considered strongly for the test team.

Awesome, time for cricket to start!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Code:
Nath says:
 cricketttttttttttt
Smitteh says:
 ground is so small
 sehwag could sneeze sixes here
Nath says:
 Haha
 Southee to Sehwag