• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
"You can expect a lot of wind too. All venues in New Zealand can get windy, let alone Wellington, which on most days blows a gale. It ruins the bowling rhythm, makes your eyes water, chills you to the bone, affects you balance and back-lift, and most of all is exhausting. You must have strategies, preferably developed through experience, to deal with the wind in New Zealand.

Wind and a bit of chill also leads to old, and even young, bones getting a little stiff. It can take a bit of extra time to get the body loosened up and moving early in an innings or bowling spell. For those used to starting warm and loose, special attention needs to be taken to ensure stiffness does not result in sloppiness. "

-http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/391978.html

Mark Richardson disagrees with you :p.
Well, gee, ss, I only live in Wellington. What on earth would I (and 16 tins, who used to live here) know? All Rigor has done here is use as many adjectives and hyperbole as he can to try and make his article interesting. The key word there is 'can'. As I pointed out, but you decided to ignore, the prevailing winds in other so-called "windy" cities don't really have an effect on the pitches, particularly in relation to bowling into the wind.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Am absolutely ecstatic that the game tonight is on Fox Sports. Freaking fantastic.

Getting right behind the Kiwis, adore a fair few of their players. Would be great to see them get up a bit this series.

Haha, so ampeddd.

EDIT: Can see a lot of controversy this tour aswell by the way.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well, gee, ss, I only live in Wellington. What on earth would I (and 16 tins, who used to live here) know? All Rigor has done here is use as many adjectives and hyperbole as he can to try and make his article interesting. The key word there is 'can'. As I pointed out, but you decided to ignore, the prevailing winds in other so-called "windy" cities don't really have an effect on the pitches, particularly in relation to bowling into the wind.
I didn't express an opinion on the issue! I just pointed out an article by a NZ test player which seemed to imply something other than what some were saying. I'm not ignoring anyone or anything, I just posted a relevant article.

If you want my opinion, I think 16tos and you are right - this whole wind business is way overblown. Teams tour NZ all the time, including subcontinental teams like SL recently, and aren't blown away from the stadium.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Well, they're showing the 20/20 this evening. Hopefully they show other matches besides the one tonight.

EDIT: 5pm, FS3. Believe Duffer mentioned this aswell.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Found a nice stat on cricinfo

Sachin Tendulkar alone has scored 3263 more Test runs than the whole New Zealand Test side put together
The man is a legend alright. Has been around a jolly long time too.

The comments are a joke. In fact if any of that lot (NZers or Indians) joined here they'd be banned within an hour. Cricinfo houses the scum of the earth in its comments.
Didn't think it was possible for a comments section to be worse than YouTube's, but there you have it.

Tbf mate, he was only teasing me.

Flem274*

123/5
Predictions? O'Brilliant to be unstoppable with the ball all tour, even though he's used as a stock bowler, every game it seems he bowls something brilliant.

nz0003

School Boy/Girl Captain
Is Ryder back for this game, I noticed they didnt have him in a team on the preview on cricinfo.

nz0003

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeh hopefully, im pretty confident NZ will get up in this game. The top 4 for the Kiwi's will be crucial, one has to make a 60 - 80, expect Dan the man to get his usual 2 - 20 off 4 overs, not sure about the Indians Sehwag and Yuvraj will be NZ's biggest worries.

NZ to win by 30 runs/4 wickets.

Polo23

International Debutant
Predictions? O'Brilliant to be unstoppable with the ball all tour, even though he's used as a stock bowler, every game it seems he bowls something brilliant.
He'll take 20 wickets in the 3 tests and by the end of the summer the whole cricketing public will be calling him the worlds premier fast bowler.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Yeh hopefully, im pretty confident NZ will get up in this game. The top 4 for the Kiwi's will be crucial, one has to make a 60 - 80, expect Dan the man to get his usual 2 - 20 off 4 overs, not sure about the Indians Sehwag and Yuvraj will be NZ's biggest worries.

NZ to win by 30 runs/4 wickets.
If the game actually gets to start.