• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

adharcric

International Coach
16 tins of Spam said:
Why would I defend my stance when i've already made my points like, five times? If you want to jump in when the argument's over and Jono has already said everything you did, then ok. Just don't expect me to go blue in the face having the same, pointless argument with you.
How did I "jump in when the argument's over" if I was the first one to reply to that post? If you make a post, it's not my responsibility to read all of your previous arguments before responding to the post.
16 tins of Spam said:
If you will, however, act like a twelve year old and conclude your post by telling me to "get over it", then I'll respond to that, and if you can't even understand why my bringing up Millmow is relevant, then I'm afraid I can't help you.
How is Millmow relevant?

Here's your post:
You know, I've have no idea how many times I've posted on CricketWeb about Jonathan Millmow's appalling cricket journalism, but I know it's a lot. I also know that not one person has ever gotten on my case about it. Yet, I get annoyed about the whole standard of journalism regarding this tour, and I have to "get over it". 8-)

You know what? Whatever.
How is your posting about other poor journalists on CW in the past (without any disagreement from other posters) relevant to my point? Perhaps the "get over it" was really that offensive for you; if so, I apologize.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
I can start that again.

Tim McIntosh is ****!!!

FWIW, whilst I really hate the condascending **** that gets written about NZ, I think 16tins, as gunnnnnn as he is, may have gone OTT. But I fully understand where he's coming from, one day I'll reach breaking point too, probably when Mark Nicholas commentates about us again.

Polo23

International Debutant
I'm interested in the selections of How and McIntosh for the A games against England A. Does that mean How and McIntosh are batting off against each other and Guptill will definitely make his test debut, or Guptill isn't even being looked at for the test side yet and they just want to get some form into How and McIntosh before the test series?

Flem274*

123/5
I'm interested in the selections of How and McIntosh for the A games against England A. Does that mean How and McIntosh are batting off against each other and Guptill will definitely make his test debut, or Guptill isn't even being looked at for the test side yet and they just want to get some form into How and McIntosh before the test series?
Means Guptill is probably playing ODIs against India I would think, haven't seen the scheduling.

Precambrian

Banned
I'm guessing that Sidharth Monga is an Indian name? He wrote the article. Also, not to be pedantic or anything, but Cricinfo is owned by ESPN, so it is in fact American, technically.
So what? Then by that logic, should I stereotype all English people as homoerotic straight men based on Mark Nicholas?

In terms of money, yes, but it's a bit grating how it's constantly being hyped up as the end-all be-all. The money is a necessary evil and it's great to have it, but I care a ****load more about the actual cricket than I do about the economics, and let's face it - who's the more interesting touring side? The Aussies or South Africans who always come and play to a high standard, or the Indians who have been coming for forty years and leave having won precisely nothing?
Quality of cricket so far played is no measure, unfortunately, of the hype behind the tournament. Money rules here mate.

Credit for what? Exploiting a massive population?
Yes.

And what has it got NZ exactly? The status of a second tier nation who are supposed to be cloyingly grateful for the scraps that fall off the grown-ups' table. The Indian board are like the nouveau riche, wealthy and powerful, but ultimately lacking in humility and class. It's ironic that we still occasionally hear about how the reins of power have justly been wrestled from the evil old English, and yet the Indian board are acting with the same born-to-rule mentality and sense of entitlement that the MCC/TCCB did for all those decades.
Yes. Fully agree. If you expected a just Board to do the ruling, then you are in cricketing utopia. Money rules everywhere. And here too. Good thing for NZ is that a bit of "Aye" will fetch the board huge money which it can use for cricket's improvement there. Don't get bothered about the means as long as the ends are served. (As long as ethics are not compromised, that is)

biased indian

International Coach
Found a nice stat on cricinfo

Sachin Tendulkar alone has scored 3263 more Test runs than the whole New Zealand Test side put together

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I haven't seen the ads, but hyperbole is kinda what you expect with advertising. It's the actual "journalists" writing about this tour that piss me off. I mean, the other day there was one story banging on about New Zealand's "famous" winds? Wtf is that about? Why make stuff up?

Anyway, we can definitely both agree that this tour will be jolly absorbing :)
"You can expect a lot of wind too. All venues in New Zealand can get windy, let alone Wellington, which on most days blows a gale. It ruins the bowling rhythm, makes your eyes water, chills you to the bone, affects you balance and back-lift, and most of all is exhausting. You must have strategies, preferably developed through experience, to deal with the wind in New Zealand.

Wind and a bit of chill also leads to old, and even young, bones getting a little stiff. It can take a bit of extra time to get the body loosened up and moving early in an innings or bowling spell. For those used to starting warm and loose, special attention needs to be taken to ensure stiffness does not result in sloppiness. "

-http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/391978.html

Mark Richardson disagrees with you :p.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That Mark Richardson article, besides the wind point, is an interesting one to say the least.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
So what? Then by that logic, should I stereotype all English people as homoerotic straight men based on Mark Nicholas?
WTF are you talking about?

"You can expect a lot of wind too. All venues in New Zealand can get windy, let alone Wellington, which on most days blows a gale. It ruins the bowling rhythm, makes your eyes water, chills you to the bone, affects you balance and back-lift, and most of all is exhausting. You must have strategies, preferably developed through experience, to deal with the wind in New Zealand.

Wind and a bit of chill also leads to old, and even young, bones getting a little stiff. It can take a bit of extra time to get the body loosened up and moving early in an innings or bowling spell. For those used to starting warm and loose, special attention needs to be taken to ensure stiffness does not result in sloppiness. "

-http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/391978.html

Mark Richardson disagrees with you :p.
Yeah I saw that, and I thought it was an odd point to bring up. As Voltman said, aside from Wellington, none of the NZ venues are any more or less windy than any other venue around the world. I can understand mentioning it specifically in relation to the Basin, as that ground actually is notorious for wind obviously, but Mark Richardson's talking out of his arse mostly there.

Some interesting stuff in that article though, I thought the reader comments were bewilderingly abusive.

Flem274*

123/5
WTF are you talking about?

Yeah I saw that, and I thought it was an odd point to bring up. As Voltman said, aside from Wellington, none of the NZ venues are any more or less windy than any other venue around the world. I can understand mentioning it specifically in relation to the Basin, as that ground actually is notorious for wind obviously, but Mark Richardson's talking out of his arse mostly there.

Some interesting stuff in that article though, I thought the reader comments were bewilderingly abusive.
The comments are a joke. In fact if any of that lot (NZers or Indians) joined here they'd be banned within an hour. Cricinfo houses the scum of the earth in its comments.

ColdSnow

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think this series has been over-hyped for some reason. "Rock Stars"? Give me a break. At no other time has this team or any other team been heralded as "Rock Stars" or something crazy like that.

It would bode well for the Indian team to stay on the ground...within the last year, they've had two reverses in tests. They could only draw the home test series against SA (the match they lost was a humiliating drubbing...Rock Stars do not get bowled out for 76) and then they went to SL where M&M took care of them nicely.

In ODIs, they have been doing well. But they did lose to Pakistan in Bangladesh, and Sri Lanks in Pakistan. So its not been all rosy this past year.