• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
TBF the batting of England A is decent. Denly, Key, Patel, Trott, Moore, Morgan and Davies are all bonafide selections (would only add Horton to the mix) but for the bowling only Davies deserves to be there. Certainly the inclusion of Tremlett and Kabir Ali would make the bowling a tad better, Bresnan, while still nowhere good enough would be many times better than Luke Wright in there. There are also options who would (with these selectors read should) probably be chosen before these guys if a test place was up for grabs (Hoggard, Keedy instead of Batty, Possibly Shreck) but are probably deemed to old for a Lions tour.

I've said this many times but Sajid Mahmood shouldn't even make the Lancashire side (and the same can probably be said about Plunkett at Durham.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Are both teams trying to lose?

I mean, we have McClennaghan, Davis, Plunkett, Mahmood and Wright bowling for a start.

Who next?
Good start for McClenaghan and Davis - both going at eight per over already! Davis gets Key out but not sure where was caught.

Always enjoy watching the score tick over on these games, even if I don't know who half the players are.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Davis just got a wicket maiden. 4-1-20-2

Reckon this is all just to spite Kieran TBH.

Te Ahu Davis >>> Thompson >>> Mahmood

Polo23

International Debutant
I think McClenaghan suffers from Ian Butleritis, he either bangs it in short or bowls a half volley. Obviously with that pace, at club level it works, but at a higher level he is going to get murdered.

To be fair to Butler, after all of his injuries he seems to have found a decent length with his bowling finally.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh brilliant. England are getting so badly dicked that they've had to bring Ben Scott into the batting order.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

According to the spiel on the New Zealand Cricket website, Scott was only supposed to provide backup in the event of an injury to Steven Davies. Absolute gold. England A getting a lesson from a bowling attack of chumps (excl. Hiini)

Good to see Stefan (sic.) Moore doing well though. Always thought he was a useful player.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Damn, I was hoping to see how this Beard bloke would do after having heard so much about him. Looks like he might not even get a bowl, and if he does it won't be against the quality of batting I was hoping to see him up against.

Howsie

International Captain
Oh brilliant. England are getting so badly dicked that they've had to bring Ben Scott into the batting order.

According to the spiel on the New Zealand Cricket website, Scott was only supposed to provide backup in the event of an injury to Steven Davies. Absolute gold. England A getting a lesson from a bowling attack of chumps (excl. Hiini)

Good to see Stefan (sic.) Moore doing well though. Always thought he was a useful player.
How is Te Ahu Davis going?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
TBF the batting of England A is decent. Denly, Key, Patel, Trott, Moore, Morgan and Davies are all bonafide selections (would only add Horton to the mix) but for the bowling only Davies deserves to be there. Certainly the inclusion of Tremlett and Kabir Ali would make the bowling a tad better, Bresnan, while still nowhere good enough would be many times better than Luke Wright in there. There are also options who would (with these selectors read should) probably be chosen before these guys if a test place was up for grabs (Hoggard, Keedy instead of Batty, Possibly Shreck) but are probably deemed to old for a Lions tour.

I've said this many times but Sajid Mahmood shouldn't even make the Lancashire side (and the same can probably be said about Plunkett at Durham.
England A batting currently failing to stand up to fast and probably (obviously I'm not there) inaccurate bowling of Davis and McClenaghan - from 114/3 to 124/6...

Predict another round of 'pick the fast bowler for NZ because he bowls fast' from the masses.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, England A really coming apart at the seams out there. It either bodes very well for the future of our young fast bowlers or is shining a poor light on the depth of English Cricket. I'm leaning towards the later.