• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
then imho...as India was ruled longer by England then England ever owned Ireland, all Indian players should play for England...come to think of it, all test nations players should play for England..

maybe finally England will win some games then...

come to think of it..no they won't because the english are very good at finding something to take them down.

just following Ritcharts logic here...
Not really. The minute India could be a separate cricket team, it was - including while it was still under British rule.

I honestly couldn't care less about political nations when assessing cricket teams - my logic never runs along those lines. It's simply that England, Scotland and Ireland should and mostly always have been a united cricket team.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If Ireland was part of our cricket team then Uppercut would support us and I wouldn't quite know how to respond. Reason enough to stay separate IMO.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I suppose this is the point where i have to point out that Northern Ireland isn't part of Britain (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) and that we shouldn't really call them the British Isles anymore because the good folk of the south of Ireland find the term offensive...

Think I'll save a template for my contributions to this discussion :ph34r:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I get frequently and mysteriously mistaken for an England fan round these parts anyway, maybe people are confusing Richard's wish with reality. It's not quite as offensive as being called English, a stab in the proverbial face that SS once inflicted on me.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We lost the toss for the tour match. Been put into bat with a team of :

Strauss
Cook
Bell
Shah
Prior
Bopara
Ambrose
Rashid
Sidebottom
Khan
Panesar

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I get frequently and mysteriously mistaken for an England fan round these parts anyway, maybe people are confusing Richard's wish with reality. It's not quite as offensive as being called English, a stab in the proverbial face that SS once inflicted on me.
Not that it'd be remotely likely, but I'd not be in the slightest bothered if someone thought I was Irish. I've always been quite fond of the ROI football team and the Ireland rugby team.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
You mean a "promotion", surely?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not that it'd be remotely likely, but I'd not be in the slightest bothered if someone thought I was Irish. I've always been quite fond of the ROI football team and the Ireland rugby team.
That's because when you're in a foreign country being mistaken for an Irishman as opposed to an Englishman means getting a discount at a restaurant.