• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

inbox24

International Debutant
Is the pitch an excuse for a cake?
Obviously not. Good bowling restricted us to 3.28 run rate, whilst bad bowling helped them to almost 5 an over. Not matter how bad the pitch if you compare the performances ours has been poorer so far. Doesn't help with the jet lag, just got off the plane defenses, this tour is only gonna get tougher and against a real test lineup, such a bowling 'attack' will only struggle.

Hopefully we can get a few draws though, if Hughes can stand up this series, I totally don't mind if we get beaten.

pasag

RTDAS
Nice partnership.

42.2 Imran Tahir to Katich, SIX, slog-sweep. picked up real cleanly and that flies into the main stand. Two in two. Also the only two thus far in the innings.
42.1 Imran Tahir to Katich, SIX, huge one first ball of the over, goes over the top and gets the maximum.
:)

jondavluc

State Regular
obviously not. Good bowling restricted us to 3.28 run rate, whilst bad bowling helped them to almost 5 an over. Not matter how bad the pitch if you compare the performances ours has been poorer so far. Doesn't help with the jet lag, just got off the plane defenses, this tour is only gonna get tougher and against a real test lineup, such a bowling 'attack' will only struggle.

Hopefully we can get a few draws though, if hughes can stand up this series, i totally don't mind if we get beaten.
8-)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whatever the case with the teams bowling, if the Katman, Ponting, Clarke & The Huss all have a decent series with the bat, can't see Australia getting thrashed. Johnson/Moobs to bowl the team to a victory once though imo.

irfan

State Captain
haha, but lets not forget that this is a practice game, so doesn't matter.. It's also nice that he doesn't average ninety in FC cricket
Yeah, yeah I know. I only found it funny because he was being hyped up by Micky Arthur and a couple of members here. Obviously a flat track doesn't help, but I thought its his best chance now to impress when the Aussie bats are still trying to find their feet in SA.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah, yeah I know. I only found it funny because he was being hyped up by Micky Arthur and a couple of members here. Obviously a flat track doesn't help, but I thought its his best chance now to impress when the Aussie bats are still trying to find their feet in SA.
agreed.. I hope they don't chuck Harris for him just on the basis of hype, at least Harris is dependable

Briony

International Debutant
At least the Aussies will have had time in the middle, the Saffas won't. They might need a test to warm up.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Got Ponting now.

He's a pro at running through the tail, which he may not get the chance to do here. Maybe it's not what you want from a front-line bowler, but they did really struggle with doing it in Australia. No way Harris should be just ditched immediately for him, but he's a good option.

pasag

RTDAS
McDonald goneskis, his place is pretty secure for the first Test but would be interesting if North went on here and made a big one. Haddin for a half ton here.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Stumps

Potchefstroom is one of those places where the wickets are better to drive on than the actual roads.. I would know from my days doing 360 Doughnuts on the outfield at North West University