• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Langeveldt

Soutie
i-yoh

Nice stuff from the Windies.. Loved it so much.. You can throw all your dirty money and faceless stadiums at cricket, but this was a pure old school test match, a classic..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

ozone

First Class Debutant
I may be alone here, but I was happy with the decision not to enforce the follow-on. What was crazy was batting as if we were trying to save the game when what we needed was to thrash a few quick runs at 6 an over. With our batting line-up that should have been perfectly attainable.
I 100% agree with this view. Strauss shouldn't come under critiscism for not enforcing the follow-on, but for his bowling changes. And for whatever part he had in allowing our batsmen to go at snails pace yesterday morning.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Powell reinforcing his goal to see WI winning 3-0
He will get an excellent view of the action on TV. If he retains his place it will be on the strength of his ability as a batsman, namely his ability to leave wide balls from Steve Harmison and his ability to avoid making contact when trying to hook for 6.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Gutted, have to say, and what's the point of Harmison, if he can't knock over tailenders on a pitch full of bounce, and treacherous on what nominally should be his length, even though ****s knows what his line & length is other then "the all over the shop" L&L.
What indeed is the point of Harmison? ****ed if I know the answer to that question. Haven't done for over 4 years tbh. If we do lose this series, maybe the good to come out of it will be a fond farewell to the underachievers who have done absolutely nothing to justify their selection for far too long. Hopefully GBH will join Bell & Panesar in the CC for the whole of this summer.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I have to say, if England are without Flintoff and KP for the rest of this series, it is very hard to see them coming back.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I may be alone here, but I was happy with the decision not to enforce the follow-on. What was crazy was batting as if we were trying to save the game when what we needed was to thrash a few quick runs at 6 an over. With our batting line-up that should have been perfectly attainable. But we bottled it.
Nah, we all said it had to happen at the time- now with hindsight, it's even more obvious. The pitch got no worse, and Windies were restricted to 370/9 (would have been a lead of about 100) in their second innings. The two bowlers suffering from fatigue and injury were still doing so 18 hours later, shockingly, and in any case they took one wicket between them. The follow-on had to happen, simple as.

BUT, having made one bad decision in not enforcing it, Strauss went and ballsed up further by batting too slowly and for an hour too long. That's theoretically one more hour at Edwards and Powell for the match. When 1-0 down in a four-match series!

Nothing defensible about the guy right now.

Durham_CCC

School Boy/Girl Captain
Team for 4th test without KP and Fred.

Strauss
Cook
Shah
Bell
Collingwood
Rashid/Bopara
Prior
Broad
Swann