• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Redbacks

International Captain
Shah might have to watch out he doesn't hurt his jaw such was the ferocity with which he chewed his gum whilst batting. Bit of a pity he had to come out and play in an ultra aggressive manner. I'm surprised England went to 500+ ahead, 450 was surely enough?

sammy2

Banned
Chanderpaul will want to remind some people why he is ranked number one in test batting. Sarwan looks good aswell. The final day should be very competitive.

craigyc43

Cricket Spectator
All England need to do is bowl consistent lines and length and pray for some good weather and the WI will not last the day.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
going for a bold one...IF it stays dry England to win by 100 runs.

rain will be a draw I fear.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
DWTA. Violently.

Rained out draw >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> England win.

Batted out draw >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> England win.

WI Win infinitely > England win.
Nah, I never really like to see a team cheated by the weather in any circumstances other than when I've had money on a draw. There's no glory in it.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, I never really like to see a team cheated by the weather in any circumstances other than when I've had money on a draw. There's no glory in it.
Hardly cheated out of it. If they had enforced the follow on they they could have had enough time, even if it rained

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
DWTA. Violently.

Rained out draw >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> England win.

Batted out draw >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> England win.

WI Win infinitely > England win.
Rained-out draws are just bad, full-stop.

Even when Australia are the team denied.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hardly cheated out of it. If they had enforced the follow on they they could have had enough time, even if it rained
Any team which loses a victory to a draw thanks to the loss of play has been cheated. Often they'll have played a part in their own downfall, but whenever lost play deprives one side of a result they've been cheated, no two ways about IMO. A Test is supposed to last five days, not four-and-a-quarter. That's why I hope someday we might have a situation where the loss of playing time in a Test is removed from the equation.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Of course it's completely impossible with the current calendar. The hope is that said calendar will at some point be assuaged. There are many good reasons for this - the possibility to stop rain \ bad light \ interruptions of other types knocking overs off Tests would be something to be considered after, not as a reason for, said assuagion.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
England won’t have been cheated if they lose say 30 overs to rain. It is their own stupid fault. They batted too long and wasted too many overs, they should have broken the back of the Windies last night.

Last edited:

Jigga988

State 12th Man
England won’t have been cheated if they lose say 30 overs to rain. It is their own stupid thought. They batted too long and wasted too many overs, they should have broken the back of the Windies last night.
Agreed, Strauss must've been aware of the weather forecast for the last day and should've acted on that; anyway rain is forecasted at a 50% chance at middle of afternoon session, so England would get a good solid 50 overs at Windies no doubt... then after that it's guess work, rain was also forecasted for the first couple days though and that never came to fruition so it could be wrong again...