• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Going to be an interesting selection if Flintoff's out of the next Test and England decide they need two spinners.
It'll be interesting even if we play one. As Bell is the only top 6 replacement available, we're down to 4 bowlers, and I've long argued that Broad is fair enough in a five-man attack but not a four-man one. Either that or Prior bats at 6, with 2 or 3 bowlers who can bat below him. Shudders.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
It'll be interesting even if we play one. As Bell is the only top 6 replacement available, we're down to 4 bowlers, and I've long argued that Broad is fair enough in a five-man attack but not a four-man one. Either that or Prior bats at 6, with 2 or 3 bowlers who can bat below him. Shudders.
Yeah..we could see

Strauss
Cook
Shah
Peitersen
Collingwood
Prior
Rashid
Broad
Swann
Anderson
Harmison

sammy2

Banned
Benn asked a few times and he didn't recieve any favourable decisions.

But karma is always there, darren powell was robbed of his wicket by the on field umpire and the third umpire and that still didn't save england.

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
Cricinfo said:
"I think the commentators are all so bias and ridiculous it is not funny. Also, England is so pathetic that they can only cheat by LBW the West Indian guys," says Aliena McEachrane. "What a laugh..They probably paid the Umpires to agree with them." Clearly
sammy takes his frustrations out on the folks commentating on this game at cricinfo.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yea, if England pick two spinners I don't see how they can accommodate Panesar unless they only have 4 bowlers - which I can't see England doing. So that would basically mean Rashid would have to play and Panesar had gone from 1st choice to not being picked in a 2 spinner attack without actually having done anything.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
CricInfo said:
"I think the commentators are all so bias and ridiculous it is not funny. Also, England is so pathetic that they can only cheat by LBW the West Indian guys," says Aliena McEachrane. "What a laugh..They probably paid the Umpires to agree with them." Clearly
sammy takes his frustrations out on the folks commentating on this game at cricinfo.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

haroon510

International 12th Man
well well well.. where does WI go from here? they lost Gayle.. but they still have Sarwan and Shivi to join him.. do you think they are going for a draw.. or win?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hinds becomes the second batsman to be caught straight. FFS, Broad gifted another.

This should now be over without much. If we win this early tomorrow it'll be disappointing that we didn't bat on for another 150 as we'd then have wasted the chance to get the biggest Test victory in history.