• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

pskov

International 12th Man
Nice to see Rudi's finally given Swann one, but that was less out than some of the appeals he's turned down already.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Was just confused by the statement that you 'don't see how the umpire can give it out' when it hits him in line and is close with the height. Its one of those you can't really argue too much either way for me. Can't criticise the umpire for giving someone out when evidence suggests he was right.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
No, we saw the same replay but through different filters. Which may have something to do with our respective locations. Anyhow as I say it didn't look out in real time but it was alright on the replay. I was surprised to see it given but it wasn't a Grade A Daryl Harper shocker.

And as I type, there goes Gayle. Out if you ask me, but it could just be that filter again...
No that was out. I saw the ball hitting the bails in the Smith replay though.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Was just confused by the statement that you 'don't see how the umpire can give it out' when it hits him in line and is close with the height. Its one of those you can't really argue too much either way for me. Can't criticise the umpire for giving someone out when evidence suggests he was right.
Because based on the human eye it's difficult to say that it's hitting the top of the stumps.

pskov

International 12th Man
Watching it live it looked a bit iffy to me, but I think that's partly down to the camera angle they were using to show that end for a few overs. Seeing the replays it was a fair call.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Great bowling by Freddie. I wonder if Sammy2, who reckons Fred is a schoolboy cricketer, is watching this

pskov

International 12th Man
Fred clearly limping back to the slips at the end of that over and his speeds are down around 5mph from he first innings. Why is he even bowling?

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
This is just awful umpiring. And listen to hussien saying it's a good decision. I can't watch this robbery anymore.
Yes awful, I agree. 2 LBWs, both of which were out according to Hawkeye, and a series of others which could have been given out but weren't.

You may win the prize for most biased poster on the whole of CW

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Despite being without internet access for the majority of the tour, Richard still has the most posts in this thread.
Well done.
HARMISON !!!

dsdgifjgkdfrogkt!!! djgkiarjgij!!!
HARMISON !!!

dsdgifjgkdfrogkt!!! djgkiarjgij!!!
Odd TSTL.
Awesome fielding from Nash there, wasn't he a 12th man for Australia before?
Yeah he was, and he dropped an absolute sitter if memory serves.
It was clearly deliberate - he was subbing against West Indies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not too happy with Freddie bowling with a dodgy hip. I have bad memories of the effect that had on Angus Fraser in 1990/91
Yeah, hips can be very, very bad. Another long-term absence now and Flintoff's career is basically over.