• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Evermind

International Debutant
Bishop speaks to Atherton, and I can't hear the commentary.

It never seems to screw up when Healy and Nicholas are speaking.

:frusty:

Steulen

International Regular
The bounce is way too erratic for the WIndies to survive. Crap pitch.
Not crap, behaving as a 4th day pitch should behave. Crap is the kind of road that the ARG would normally have where the draw is a certainty midway through the first session on day 1.

England's chances are close to 100%, but if both Flintoff and Harmison can't/won't bowl, it will be up to Collingwood and Pietersen to assist Anderson and Broad from the non-Swann end and it could take a while.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
very close from Jimster, an inch to the right and it was out, well not that Harper would have given it he was already 5 paces from the stumps...it wasn't that far off Daryl.

pskov

International 12th Man
That was out!!!!
Can't believe that wasn't given. I was shouting OUT as soon as I saw it live. All this 'big stride forward' clap-trap coming from Gower. It wasn't turning at all and he's a spinner so it was hardly going to go over the stumps!

I don't think I could be a spinner in test cricket, they definitely get it a lot tougher regarding LBW shouts than seamers. I wonder if in ten years time or so once the top umpires have come through the system watching Hawk Eye on TV, using referrals etc. they'll be more prepared to give decisions like that out because they clearly are, rather than relying on old 'well, he's a bit forward os benefit of the doubt' nonsense.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Can't believe that wasn't given. I was shouting OUT as soon as I saw it live. All this 'big stride forward' clap-trap coming from Gower. It wasn't turning at all and he's a spinner so it was hardly going to go over the stumps!

I don't think I could be a spinner in test cricket, they definitely get it a lot tougher regarding LBW shouts than seamers. I wonder if in ten years time or so once the top umpires have come through the system watching Hawk Eye on TV, using referrals etc. they'll be more prepared to give decisions like that out because they clearly are, rather than relying on old 'well, he's a bit forward os benefit of the doubt' nonsense.
Yeah, Vettori would average about 27 in Tests with the ball if all the "technically should have been given" lbw shouts he's had over the years were given, IMO.