• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

sammy2

Banned
Awful batting by the windies...no surprise there really...and straight accurate bowling by an Englishman, now there is a shock!!

Good on you Swanny.

I was a bit apprehensive when he got picked ahead of Monty but he has done himself mighty proud! Now lets put a quick 200 on the board and then have plenty of time to watch them self destruct again!
For some reason I believe you will a surprise.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It seems pretty easy to forget just how good a position 312 runs ahead with two days remaining is.

Anyhoo, credit to England and particularly Paul Collingwood for exercising very well the underappreciated art of catching. Prior too for not dropping a few droppable ones behind the stumps. When it's good, you don't notice it, but they took every chance bar one.

craigyc43

Cricket Spectator
It seems pretty easy to forget just how good a position 312 runs ahead with two days remaining is.

Anyhoo, credit to England and particularly Paul Collingwood for exercising very well the underappreciated art of catching. Prior too for not dropping a few droppable ones behind the stumps. When it's good, you don't notice it, but they took every chance bar one.
Yeh thats a very good point! People are very quick to criticise but very slow to praise when people have performed well.

I for one want to give the players a big pat on the back for their performance in this match so far. Lets hope they nail the advantage home today!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha, Darren Lehmann on Fox Sports just now.

"Graeme Swann: can't bowl. I'm happy to say that on air. Nice bloke, but he can't bowl. Doesn't do anything for me at all."

Harsh TSTL.

Last edited:

sammy2

Banned
Yeh thats a very good point! People are very quick to criticise but very slow to praise when people have performed well.

I for one want to give the players a big pat on the back for their performance in this match so far. Lets hope they nail the advantage home today!
You are just another comical english fan, if england should lose from here it would be their worst showing in history, even tho they have going well so far. Thats the key part, soo far. Lets face it, England isn't the number one team in the world, and fans like you don't expect more from your team than WI fans. People like you just fail to realize anything can happen in the game of cricket. I'm sure you weren't here posting when Eng got ran over for 51.
Eng can do without fans like you and most here who obviously aren't the most loyal fans.

craigyc43

Cricket Spectator
Haha, Darren Lehmann on Fox Sports just now.

"Graeme Swann: can't bowl. I'm happy to say that on air. Nice bloke, but he can't bowl. Doesn't do anything for me at all.

Harsh TSTL.
Haha classic.

If he can't bowl what does that say about the West Indies Batting???

craigyc43

Cricket Spectator
You are just another comical english fan, if england should lose from here it would be their worst showing in history, even tho they have going well so far. Thats the key part, soo far. Lets face it, England isn't the number one team in the world, and fans like you don't expect more from your team than WI fans. People like you just fail to realize anything can happen in the game of cricket. I'm sure you weren't here posting when Eng got ran over for 51.
Eng can do without fans like you and most here who obviously aren't the most loyal fans.
Your just a comical idiot. I am the complete opposite to what you have just described?? I know our team is far from number one in the world, we are far from number 2 and even 3! If we lost from here it would take an extreme performance from either side either us appaling or something magical from the WI.

I have played and supported cricket all my life and am more loyal than most and have seen some crazy things happen. On top of that i have a reasonable level of intelligence which you seem to be lacking.

And just to keep this conversation on your degraded level cricket can do without people like you.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I reckon anything over 430-440 will be enough for England to defend with the bowlers they have left, but they need to make that score but also give themselves time to bowl out the West Indies.
You do know that 430-440 has never been chased by the best batting-line-ups going around, don't you?

craigyc43

Cricket Spectator
Apart from the fact it's you're not your, you're (:p) bang on the money. Here's a tip - don't bother with old sammy2's posts, they're a waste of your time. Hopefully s\he won't last that long.
haha yes i apologise for that faux pas of a gramatical error! I didn't come to this forum for a slanging macth jsut to chat about the sport I love, but i suppose people come here for different reasons.

I'll take your point on board thanks Richard

James

Cricket Web Owner
Less of the aggressive/trolling posting please. No need for that sort of response to anyone, yet alone a new member to the forums.

Your just a comical idiot. I am the complete opposite to what you have just described?? I know our team is far from number one in the world, we are far from number 2 and even 3! If we lost from here it would take an extreme performance from either side either us appaling or something magical from the WI.

I have played and supported cricket all my life and am more loyal than most and have seen some crazy things happen. On top of that i have a reasonable level of intelligence which you seem to be lacking.

And just to keep this conversation on your degraded level cricket can do without people like you.
Craigyc - there's a report post button alongside each post. Take the high ground, and just ignore it next time and report the post, and let a moderator/admin deal with it.

Helps to keep threads on track that way :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tarique, I don't believe you are familiar with sammy2. I'd suggest this - read a few more posts. Such silly and deliberately obnoxious comments are very common.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Ritchart, I am aware of Sammy2 reputation on the boards, still both sides were wrong.

but that's just CW and it's mods in general both sides are wrong ;)

ontopic: Still think England made a dumb decision and go back in and bat, I have an earie feeling windies are going to roll the England batting line up before lunch and have 1.5 days to win the game.

craigyc43

Cricket Spectator
harsh and uncalled for.

both were wrong, maybe even Craigyc43 more so then Sammy2
Thanks moderators advice taken on board for the future. My apologies for bringing the forum into disrepute!

I would like an explanation for this comment though...