• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Doesn't he hold the record for most byes in an innings? I remember one hilarious such match in the summer of 2007.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Doesn't he hold the record for most byes in an innings? I remember one hilarious such match in the summer of 2007.
I remember one match in 2007 where he conceded loads of byes but that was notable not for him conceding them but for the sheer woefulness of Harmison and Plunkett's bowling in causing them.

Never in Test cricket have I seen worse bowling. Even Devon Malcolm wasn't that bad.

Uppercut

Is the ball reversing?

I like Strauss's use of a square leg here. It gives Broad the licence to bowl back-of-a-length and straight without letting the batsman off the hook, perfect for the way the pitch is playing.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ryan Hinds in. I'm pretty nervous for him; I've been calling for his selection for about eighteen months now. Hopefully he doesn't chuck a Sinclair.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I was just thinking "isn't it great when a bowler gets a wicket he's been wrongfully denied earlier?"... then Swann gets wrongfully denied ANOTHER one.

He's really getting plenty of drift here. And Hinds was absolutely plumb.

Shame, as I too have thought he should've been in the team, properly, a long time ago.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
although not a fan of the batsman swann(saw him train at lords next to the nets we were training in...)
some of our U19 holland players looked more capable of hitting a ball then Swann, decent bowler though, but I guess the conditions are helping him

Durham_CCC

School Boy/Girl Captain
although not a fan of the batsman swann(saw him train at lords next to the nets we were training in...)
some of our U19 holland players looked more capable of hitting a ball then Swann, decent bowler though, but I guess the conditions are helping him
Monty had better condition's in India, and he got very little.

Swann comes in and picks up 2 in his first over.

Uppercut

They're not really. It's the same pitch Suillemann Benn got no change from, and he was turning it square at Sabina Park. Swann's getting good turn, but nothing massive, and it's down to good bowling. But what's really been good about his bowling in this spell is the drift. It's got him two wickets and three wickets that weren't.

The tendency to dismiss quality spin bowling as all down to the pitch is kinda annoying, tbh. I don't mean at you, just in general.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
i'm a spinbowler in holland haha matting ftw!
loved every minute of my england tour, although the wickets were sometimes fairly greenish I got more turn then matting ever gave me!

I guess Swann is just in form, a quality spin bowler no...a good spinbowler yes i'd say.

Uppercut

i'm a spinbowler in holland haha matting ftw!
loved every minute of my england tour, although the wickets were sometimes fairly greenish I got more turn then matting ever gave me!

I guess Swann is just in form, a quality spin bowler no...a good spinbowler yes i'd say.
Your opinion of him would be improving quite a bit if you were watching him here I feel :happy: