• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

trishan

Cricket Spectator
I wont be expecting whitewashes just now. I will settle for 3-2 and I think even that would be pretty difficult to achieve... Our guys have huge problems adjusting to NZ conditions with the wind, the coldness and everything..
I still laugh when I think of Zondeki and Ntini covering themselves up at the MCG (i think?) during that T20 match. Couldn't handle the cold. Just came back from India (my first trip) and didn't expect it to be as cold as it was, espcially in the North (Delhi, Agra and even Mumbai)

Athlai

Not Terrible
And New Zealand is an excellent one day unit, don't forget that.

Hostile conditions - very good one day team.

Backing us to win the series too. Though Sehwag having a good day or two could spoil those plans.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I still laugh when I think of Zondeki and Ntini covering themselves up at the MCG (i think?) during that T20 match. Couldn't handle the cold. Just came back from India (my first trip) and didn't expect it to be as cold as it was, espcially in the North (Delhi, Agra and even Mumbai)
it depends on the time. Generally the temperature is more equatorial in the south.. Chennai's coldest tends to be around 20 degrees in celsius scale.. That is considered HOT in England, I believe.. :)

And yeah, the Kiwis are a good one day unit too but honestly, if the matches were held in Australia or so, I would be backing India more than the Kiwis.. In their conditions though, I do think they deserve to go in as favourites..

Also, they seem to have found two very good batsmen for nos. 4 and 5... Taylor and Elliott really impressed me in the CH series.. I think both will be very very good batsmen for New Zealand in years to come... If only they can sort out and get the best out of the likes of Fulton and Ryder...

Athlai

Not Terrible
it depends on the time. Generally the temperature is more equatorial in the south.. Chennai's coldest tends to be around 20 degrees in celsius scale.. That is considered HOT in England, I believe.. :)

And yeah, the Kiwis are a good one day unit too but honestly, if the matches were held in Australia or so, I would be backing India more than the Kiwis.. In their conditions though, I do think they deserve to go in as favourites..

Also, they seem to have found two very good batsmen for nos. 4 and 5... Taylor and Elliott really impressed me in the CH series.. I think both will be very very good batsmen for New Zealand in years to come... If only they can sort out and get the best out of the likes of Fulton and Ryder...
Yeah in warm flattish conditions I'd back India to take the series due to the undeniable superiority in the batting. Though the Indian bowling lineup IMO ranks below South Africa, Australia and New Zealand their batting is almost certainly the best. However in New Zealand the difference in batting should hopefully be nullified while the difference in the attacks magnified.

Mills should be an absolute handful throughout the series.

trishan

Cricket Spectator
And New Zealand is an excellent one day unit, don't forget that.

Hostile conditions - very good one day team.

Backing us to win the series too. Though Sehwag having a good day or two could spoil those plans.
Do you think the Indians will have any problems with Vettori? The last match he bowled against India was back in 2005 in Harare. Took 2-35 and two big wickets at that, Dravid for 0 and Sehwag for 75.

He is deservingly the number one ranked bowler in the world.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Do you think the Indians will have any problems with Vettori? The last match he bowled against India was back in 2005 in Harare. Took 2-35 and two big wickets at that, Dravid for 0 and Sehwag for 75.

He is deservingly the number one ranked bowler in the world.
Vettori should certainly be difficult but I think the Indians will treat him with respect and his overs should look at around 0-1 or 35-40 throughout the series.

adharcric

International Coach
Yeah in warm flattish conditions I'd back India to take the series due to the undeniable superiority in the batting. Though the Indian bowling lineup IMO ranks below South Africa, Australia and New Zealand their batting is almost certainly the best. However in New Zealand the difference in batting should hopefully be nullified while the difference in the attacks magnified.

Mills should be an absolute handful throughout the series.
South Africa, probably. Australia, definitely not now but maybe with Clark and Lee back. New Zealand, no way.

James

Cricket Web Owner
South Africa, probably. Australia, definitely not now but maybe with Clark and Lee back. New Zealand, no way.
Would agree with that.

Hoping for some freezing cold weather in NZ during the series, which will hopefully put the Indians off their game :happy:

Howsie

International Captain
Flynn had his best series to date the last time he played Tests. You're off your rocker if you think he'll be dropped.
Yeah he had a great series against the West Indies, but that was two months ago. He hasn't made any runs since then. What happens if in the 1st test he fails to score any runs, the selectors must know he is struggling at the moment. And yes I know he has only being playing 20/20 and 50 over cricket. But he should still be able to make runs.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah he had a great series against the West Indies, but that was two months ago. He hasn't made any runs since then. What happens if in the 1st test he fails to score any runs, the selectors must know he is struggling at the moment. And yes I know he has only being playing 20/20 and 50 over cricket. But he should still be able to make runs.
Na I don't think we should worry about how he's been going in T20 or 50 over cricket at all. Flynn is a mentally strong player who plays for the long haul, when hes pressured to score quickly he has failed thus far meaning that failures in limited overs are almost to be expected form him.

Howsie

International Captain
Na I don't think we should worry about how he's been going in T20 or 50 over cricket at all. Flynn is a mentally strong player who plays for the long haul, when hes pressured to score quickly he has failed thus far meaning that failures in limited overs are almost to be expected form him.
I'm guessing that he will get some first-class cricket under his belt before the test's start, right?

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
Planning to go to the Airport firday to catch a glimpse of the "rockstars" of cricket.

BTW i am shocked at the 34 dollar ticket prices for the ODI, 7 more than the West indies tickets! can somebody explain why and maybe keep me at ease?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Planning to go to the Airport firday to catch a glimpse of the "rockstars" of cricket.

BTW i am shocked at the 34 dollar ticket prices for the ODI, 7 more than the West indies tickets! can somebody explain why and maybe keep me at ease?
Because they are the
of cricket.