• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
is Hamish Rutherford related to Ken?
Yeah it's his son. He got out to Mathew Sinclair in a First Class game though, it's worth noting.
Not really worth noting at all. He's been doing the job at Twenty20 level and has been on the fringes of Otago in terms of the OD and FC stuff. So what if he got out once to a very occasional bowler? You can read a scorecard on the internet - well done.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Not really worth noting at all. He's been doing the job at Twenty20 level and has been on the fringes of Otago in terms of the OD and FC stuff. So what if he got out once to a very occasional bowler? You can read a scorecard on the internet - well done.
I wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't Sinclair. It was a fanboy-bragging sort of thing rather than actually putting Rutherford down as such.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
India fans: Let's do a reverse-analysis. We'll look at the best combination NZ can set for the match and what they can do, and decide what's the best way to counter it, and whom you'd assign for the job. I haven't seen much of the Kiwis lately to comment, so I'd like to know what you would do. So far, this may be the best they can put together-
  • Guptill
  • How
  • Taylor
  • Ryder
  • Flynn
  • McCullum (WK)
  • Vettori (SLA)
  • Mills (RMF)
  • Jeetan Patel (OB)
  • Southee (RFM)
  • Ian O'Brien (RFM)

ret

International Debutant
for NZ to do well, some of its key players will have to be consistent .... for tests, i m sorry to say but i don't see different combinations having different effects

GGG

State Captain
India fans: Let's do a reverse-analysis. We'll look at the best combination NZ can set for the match and what they can do, and decide what's the best way to counter it, and whom you'd assign for the job. I haven't seen much of the Kiwis lately to comment, so I'd like to know what you would do. So far, this may be the best they can put together-
  • Guptill
  • How
  • Taylor
  • Ryder
  • Flynn
  • McCullum (WK)
  • Vettori (SLA)
  • Mills (RMF)
  • Jeetan Patel (OB)
  • Southee (RFM)
  • Ian O'Brien (RFM)
Tim McIntosh is likely to open with either Guptil (most likely) or How.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
  • Guptill
  • How
  • Taylor
  • Ryder
  • Flynn
  • McCullum (WK)
  • Vettori (SLA)
  • Mills (RMF)
  • Jeetan Patel (OB)
  • Southee (RFM)
  • Ian O'Brien (RFM)
Is this for tests? if so, How won't be there on current form. Swap him for McIntosh and it's also uncertain whether Flynn will be there, I reckon Elliott will get another chance in tests.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
Is this for tests? if so, How won't be there on current form. Swap him for McIntosh and it's also uncertain whether Flynn will be there, I reckon Elliott will get another chance in tests.
Flynn wont be there?!. That would be a shock as he bats at 3 and Elliott would be at 5 or 6. Flynn averages in the low to mid 40's in tests. Why on earth would you change him for Elliott who apart from having a good series in Aus, is an average player IMO. crazy stuff,.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
He hasn't been batting at #3 for New Zealand. And his form is also dire at the moment...he'll have probably 1 or 2 State Championship games before the test series to prove he's up to scratch.

Woodster

International Captain
Flynn batted at 3 in the WI series and from what I witnessed, batted very well, Cannot believe NZ would drop him ?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Flynn will be in the Test team.

And we probably won't play Jeets in the Test series, I have a feeling we'll probably be preparing green decks instead of ones that might turn. :-O

Howsie

International Captain
Flynn batted at 3 in the WI series and from what I witnessed, batted very well, Cannot believe NZ would drop him ?
But he hasn't scored any runs for a long time, I still don't think he will get dropped though. The NZ selectors will probaly pick him for the 1st test and if he doesn't make any runs they will drop him then.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But he hasn't scored any runs for a long time, I still don't think he will get dropped though. The NZ selectors will probaly pick him for the 1st test and if he doesn't make any runs they will drop him then.
Blurring tests and ODIs I think.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Flynn had his best series to date the last time he played Tests. You're off your rocker if you think he'll be dropped.

trishan

Cricket Spectator
Iain O'Blog

will that be brought up in his blog? :p
Speaking of blogs, how good is Iain O'Brien's blog on Cricinfo? Sometime I wonder if he's a better writer than he is a bowler.

This should be a cracking series. I think India will dominate. The bookies seems to agree. India are at $1.55 to win the ODI series, the black caps are at $2.45.

Even if India whitewash the Kiwis they will remain 3rd on the rankings. What will be interesting to see is if South Africa does well against the Aussies whether India will overtake them. Interesting times.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Speaking of blogs, how good is Iain O'Brien's blog on Cricinfo? Sometime I wonder if he's a better writer than he is a bowler.

This should be a cracking series. I think India will dominate. The bookies seems to agree. India are at $1.55 to win the ODI series, the black caps are at $2.45.

Even if India whitewash the Kiwis they will remain 3rd on the rankings. What will be interesting to see is if South Africa does well against the Aussies whether India will overtake them. Interesting times.
I wont be expecting whitewashes just now. I will settle for 3-2 and I think even that would be pretty difficult to achieve... Our guys have huge problems adjusting to NZ conditions with the wind, the coldness and everything..