• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

shivfan

Banned
There's only so much the WICB can do, especially an incompetent WICB, with Gayle expressing his concerns about the safety of his players and the pitch only getting a couple days to prepare it's hardly a sure thing we'll get play tomorrow.
Well, we have play today, and with England comfortable on 36-0, it seems Roberts has done a good job of preparing another lifeless track at short notice....
:unsure:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hahahaha.

Shot of some English ladies and Holding goes "36/0 but time for me to go now, here's Tony Cozier."

Oh Miky.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well done, Andy Roberts and his team!

How many groundsmen around the world would've been able to prepare a pitch with less than 48 hours' notice?
Roberts isn't the groundsman any more apparently - they had the chap who is on Sky (he too thought it'd do a decent bit BTW), I can't remember his name but he definately took-over from Anderson.

shivfan

Banned
Roberts isn't the groundsman any more apparently - they had the chap who is on Sky (he too thought it'd do a decent bit BTW), I can't remember his name but he definately took-over from Anderson.
Yeah, it's Keith Fredericks who has prepared yet another antiguan road at the ARG....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Lucky boy Andrew. I was giving that in real time.
Yet the evidence shows clipping leg. Fair enough n\o in the end.

Certainly not an obvious let-off the way that that run-out was.

BTW, :laugh: at the fact that the VRS holds not far short of half the Antiguan population. :laugh:

Well, 'tis Lunch. Unexpected.

shivfan

Banned
Will wait until we've had a couple of Benn overs, but this looks soooooooooo like the ol' ARG.

How can so many people misread a pitch? Because pitches change quite a bit in a short time if you try hard enough.
Anybody who really knows the ARG could've told those journalists and 'experts' that they were going to get it wrong....

I'm no 'expert', but even I could see that a lot of fuss was being made over nothing about this pitch.
8-)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Well that was short and sweet.

I really shouldn't have drunk that litre of a coffee an hour ago. I will now have to find something to do for 40 minutes to amuse myself. Pushups seems like a good idea.

Woodster

International Captain
Should be a nice re-introduction for Shah however, providing he can settle himself down quickly. It does a typical ARG pitch at the moment but have been pleased with the way England have gone about their business in the first session. Good running, both displaying decent timing, couple of strokes down the ground timed beautifully from Strauss (small boundaries I appreciate). Need to regain a bit of confidence in this innings, need a very decent toal.

pskov

International 12th Man
How can so many people, from commentators to the players, read the pitch so wrong?
They've been rolling the crap out of it for the last 48 hours, probably worried that the pitch wouldn't hold up over 5 days otherwise, so it seems they've killed the zip it had when England were netting on it two days ago. A bit disappointed about that really, would've liked to see how well test players do on a club standard strip. :laugh:

shivfan

Banned
The problem is that the media were listening to the wrong experts!
:laugh:
Andy Roberts knows this pitch better than all of them, and he said it would be fine....

Andy's main concern was with the outfield.