• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

James

Cricket Web Owner
Does anyone know how the White Ferns got on this afternoon?

They were playing at the SCG as well. Presume they didn't play due to the weather but never know.

Flem274*

123/5
Is Diremunter playing?
I hope not. He gets more plays and misses with his batting than his bowling. Selectors seem determined to find a Gavin Larsen/Chris Harris judging by the selections of ********, Diremunter and (the only decent pick) Thommo. They'll be picking Dwayne Bowden next.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Diamanti did well with the bat, and you never know, could improve with the ball. It was his debut after all.

Most of us thought the same thing when Elliott was first picked too, and look how he's turned out.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Dimanti is 27, averages 20 in every form of the game with the bat. He has 1 FC 100 to his name, and 1 50. 2 ListA 50's.

Domesticlly he has taken 65 W @ 27.75 in ODs with an economy of 4.58

Elliott is 29 averages 30+in every form of the game (besides Tests). He has 5 FC 100's, 11 50's. 1 ODI 100 2 ODI 50's, 2 List A 100's, 10 50's.

Domestically he has taken 66 W @ 29.13 with an economy of 5.02. Internationally he has taken 11 W @ 20.81 Economy of 4.46

Diamanti may be a slightly slightly better bowler than Elliott but he isn't even close in terms of batting. Isn't like he's young either.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yeah, I'm not saying Dimantiis a world beater or anything. All I'm saying is that he did "ok" in his game for the kiwis the other night, and shouldn't be ruled out completely from future selection.