• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The problem is you can't really move to another Test Venue.

West Indies may want to bat first on the other venue.
Well, that's better than having the series reduced to a three-Test series. The question is, can anyone rustle-up a satisfactory pitch at 24-48 hours' notice? You'd have to doubt it, but you never know.

shivfan

Banned
The problem is you can't really move to another Test Venue.

West Indies may want to bat first on the other venue.

What I don't get is that West Indies won the Toss and bowled. Surely during the warmups they would have realized that the ground is not fit for bowling, so batting was the way to go..
why can't it be moved?

Regardless of what choice is made on the toss, the run-up should not be this bad....

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The excuses used about not knowing the ground would be unfit are just beyond piss poor.

I mean yea it's ****ing impossible to test the run-ups isn't it

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Alan Hurst (match ref) just spoke to TMS and he seemed (a) fairly sure that this ground wasn't getting better, and (b) pretty keen that the match could be re-arranged for an alternative venue as there were large numbers of travelling fans.

Refreshing common sense: Stanford Ground or ARG...?

vicky

School Boy/Girl Captain
would never have happened if bell was playing tbh...

bah... first the aus v nz one dayer, then i stay up for this... and it's pouring outside meaning my game'll probably be called off tomorrow/later today as well...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
why can't it be moved?

Regardless of what choice is made on the toss, the run-up should not be this bad....
Well I don't think it's really fair that England are batting first if the game was moved.

Obviously the Windies had a plan to bowl first on this pitch and if this match was moved they'd maybe want to bat first.

Basically I'm saying that I'm not really in favour of this match being moved with England resuming on 7 runs.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd be pretty livid if a ground bearing my name became a disaster like this.

That is, of course, assuming that my name actually meant something in cricket history.
Yeah feel really bad for him, also comes at the worst possible time for West Indian cricket, just come of their best win for years and with a chance of winning a series and then this happens.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Alan Hurst (match ref) just spoke to TMS and he seemed (a) fairly sure that this ground wasn't getting better, and (b) pretty keen that the match could be re-arranged for an alternative venue as there were large numbers of travelling fans.

Refreshing common sense: Stanford Ground or ARG...?
You were familiar with the nonsense of Stanford's ground being used for the Twenty20 thingy a few months back?

It's got to be the ARG or somewhere else in the Caribbean.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Photos don’t and won't tell the true story. It looks pretty good from afar, the few sand patches aside. The Gabba looked aesthetically worse.
Yeah, you really need the clip of Nasser digging a hole in the outfield with his hand whilst play was suspended.

shivfan

Banned
Well I don't think it's really fair that England are batting first if the pitch was moved.

Obviously the Windies had a plan to bowl first on this pitch and if this match was moved they'd maybe want to bat first.

Basically I'm saying that I'm not really in favour of this match being moved with England resuming on 7 runs.
My solution is....

1) Abandon this Test match.

2) Start a new test, calling it the third Test, at the ARG tomorrow.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well I don't think it's really fair that England are batting first if the game was moved.

Haha, bloody hell, it'll be a new game started.

England didn't start the first of the two Tests in T&T at 16-3 or whatever it was.