• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

iamdavid

International Debutant
IMO, Guptil is a better striker of the ball than Duminy yet, until tonight, has barely been mentioned

Needs to work on his technique but could be a great find for NZ

He and Siddle are the best young players I've seen this summer
I'll agree with you that he hits the ball harder than Duminy, however there's no way he's a better batsman...

Probably think Guptills from India and know that Elliotts from South Africa. Deadset worst commentary team. Take them all out to to the middle of nowhere shoot them and bring in Kerry O'Keefe, great to listen too, knows more about the game.
It's Mark Nicholas that's mainly responsible for this bias. Always despised him and would do anything to egg his car or house

Flem274*

123/5
Probably think Guptills from India and know that Elliotts from South Africa. Deadset worst commentary team. Take them all out to to the middle of nowhere shoot them and bring in Kerry O'Keefe, great to listen too, knows more about the game.
Hated their pronunciation. "Goorptill" and "Deeahmontay".

Soon it will be McCormack, Ellanie, Tyler, Stryder, Brom brom, Van Gogh, De'Bryant and Somerville

profernity

U19 Debutant
**** the Australian commentators disgust me, how clearly and obviously they wanted Australia to win. I can't understand why anyone wants to listen to them.

When the level of social and political commentary in wider society is so poor, what hope is there for quality sports commentary?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
His excitement at the shot was disgraceful, it wasn't even near the end of the innings but he acted like it was the winning runs.
Wasn't disagreeing, but you did make it sound like every four he hit was from an edge :p

When New Zealands commentary team is preferable to the Australian one you know somethings wrong.
Mark Richardson is the best out of them, don't mind his bias. During the 4th ODI in an SL vs NZ series, Vaas had about fifty LBW decisions go his way. He was showing some digust on whether the balls pitch outside leg stump, i found it quite humurous.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wasn't disagreeing, but you did make it sound like every four he hit was from an edge :p
Na Ferguson once he got his eye in played a fantastic knock but thats not to say he wasn't a little lucky early on in his innings when the pressure was there. Diremanti's over pretty much marked the turning of the tide in that innings. Ferguson's shots down the ground were fantastic but when he edged it Healy literally was calling it an awesome shot. I was furious.