• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
What a ****ing crap end to a crap ****ing night - my Super 14 side goes down in the last minute, my horse bets went out the arse thanks to a weak ****ing horse, and the NZers put themselves in a position to win only for the "Lucky Country" to pour on utterly ****house weather.

Bed time for me.

pup11

International Coach
So what happens with regards to D/L or is it match abandoned?
Without the 20 overs being bowled in the 2nd innings of an ODI game, D/L method doesn't come into play.

EDIT:Beaten.

Craig

World Traveller
What a ****ing crap end to a crap ****ing night - my Super 14 side goes down in the last minute, my horse bets went out the arse thanks to a weak ****ing horse, and the NZers put themselves in a position to win only for the "Lucky Country" to pour on utterly ****house weather.

Bed time for me.
Tomorrow will be a better day.

profernity

U19 Debutant
Although it would have been awesome to see the match to its conclusion, I think 2-2 is a fair reflection of the series. Not sure if either side really deserved to go 3-2.

thierry henry

International Coach
Massive emotional confusion over today's game tbh. Feeling a bit numb about the whole thing. Overall I think I'm just f***ed off that we lost 2 in a row from 2-0 up.

mccullum42

School Boy/Girl Captain
Although it would have been awesome to see the match to its conclusion, I think 2-2 is a fair reflection of the series. Not sure if either side really deserved to go 3-2.
Yeah, 2-2 is fair but damn punter and his mob are lucky - once again the rain saves them.

Polo23

International Debutant
With all due respect, NZ would have won the game tonight and should have claimed the series 3-2.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Bed time for me.
:(
And if the average Aussie horse wins the Championship Stakes tomorrow I'll be beyond ****ed off. Would be the worst sporting double imaginable.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain

Bed time for me.
Yep inexeperience cost the Highlanders. Terrible decision from the Highlanders to kick the ball to touch after receiving the kick-off. Hopefully not another unlucky season of so close but so far for them.

pup11

International Coach
I don't think the result of an ODI series should have been decided by a T20 game (which is what it eventually became), so in the end a no-result is only fair enough.

Last edited:

thierry henry

International Coach
Yeah but, and I know this is a little bit petty, we needed to win the series to take the trophy. Therefore a draw is not really a draw...it's as good as a win for Australia. I was prepared to take a win in any way possible tbh.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Wondering what other people think. McCullum has only passed 50 twice in his past 20 ODI innings, and that was against Ireland where he made 166 and against England with 60.

Time to put him back in the middle order, and open the batting with Fulton IMO.