• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Flem274*

123/5
Haha yeah so would I but there's absolutely no way McIntosh is going to be dropped.
He will be once Ishant hits him in the head with a bouncer, or Zaheer smashes him on the pad for a plumb LBW.

Honestly don't rate McIntosh much tbh, won't be surprised if that remains his only big score in test cricket.

Evermind

International Debutant
Slightly OT, but I was looking at the schedule for the tour, and found the year's schedule for all countries:

Cricinfo - International Cricket Calendar - Fixtures

How did it come to this? Why are all countries playing so much cricket all the time? It'd be unheard of even 15-20 years ago! The density of the fixtures is crazy, and I can't imagine what the reason could be other than a lot of people making ****loads of money off it. There must be a point where everyone gets sick of it?

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
PR pressures. See OT. :p

Nah, other than that, Mohali indeed was a reasonably good surface to bowl spin in. And yes, the novelty factor, seeing a genuinely gifted wristie looping it out gently and yet getting ripping turn confounded the Aussies. It should not be forgotten that in the next two matches, Mishy was reasonably well dealt with by the same opposition. Also, he was lukewarm at the best against England, who imho have the worst players of wrist spin perhaps.
He bowled well on pitches which had little help,Mohali was a flat surface and he took
5 wickets in first innings of the match which is good,Nowadays the most pitches in india offer
little turn and bounce ,Against england he bowled well and was unlucky in chennai ,He has
been bowling better than harbhajan and as a wickettaking prospect he should be picked ahead of harbhajan in nz even if it means losing harbhajans batting ability down the order in tests.

Oneday,T20 squad should be like this-

1-Sachin
2-Shewag
3-Gambhir
4-Dhoni
5-Yuvraj
6-Yousuf
7-Raina
8-Rohit
9-Irfan
10-Harbhajan
11-Ishant
12-Zaheer
13-Munaf
14-Praveen
15-Sreesanth
16-Ojha

Last edited:

Australia#1

Cricket Spectator
If India want to challenge for the number 1 position this is a series they must win. I exspect India to win easily but you never know with India on away tours, should be a good series though.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
cowboysfan said:
rohit in and yusuf out.lol
adharcric said:
Yusuf Pathan is a better T20 batsman than Rohit Sharma, anywhere in the order.
He's got an average over 50, which was 96 until this match. He's good for building partnerships and holding an end up. Yusuf is no doubt useful, but they shouldn't drop Rohit for him. They can field the same team as they did in the last match, with Harbhajan returning to replace Jadeja.

biased indian

International Coach
Slightly OT, but I was looking at the schedule for the tour, and found the year's schedule for all countries:

Cricinfo - International Cricket Calendar - Fixtures

How did it come to this? Why are all countries playing so much cricket all the time? It'd be unheard of even 15-20 years ago! The density of the fixtures is crazy, and I can't imagine what the reason could be other than a lot of people making ****loads of money off it. There must be a point where everyone gets sick of it?
think half the game are of women though

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
He has been bowling better than harbhajan and as a wickettaking prospect he should be picked ahead of harbhajan in nz even if it means losing harbhajans batting ability down the order in tests.
Mishra is no mug with the bat either. Harbhajan, however, has taken five an innings five times away from India and even ten a match, which no pace bowler has achieved. That said, we don't know the pitches that may be laid for the Indians. If it's flat like most NZ pitches lately, they'll need both Bhajji and Mishra to take 20 NZ wickets. That possibility should be explored. There's a tour match to put it to use.
Oneday,T20 squad should be like this-
Interestingly, you've brought back Sreesanth. He's bowled too many no-balls in a recent FC match and has run over the danger area twice, though he took five wickets in the match. It's a largely acceptable squad although Badrinath should make the team ahead of Sreesanth or Munaf- he's surely a better fielder, while neither of these two will make the XI, so the only chance any of them have is as a substitute fielder, when someone is off the field.

biased indian

International Coach
Indian Team for series has been announced today

Twenty20 squad:
Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt/wk),
Virender Sehwag,
Gautam Gambhir,
Yuvraj Singh,
Suresh Raina,
Rohit Sharma,
Yusuf Pathan,
Harbhajan Singh,
Irfan Pathan,
Ravindra Jadeja,
Zaheer Khan,
Ishant Sharma,
Praveen Kumar,
Munaf Patel,
Pragyan Ojha,
Dinesh Karthik (wk)

biased indian

International Coach
ODI squad:
Sachin Tendulkar,
Virender Sehwag,
Gautam Gambhir,
Yuvraj Singh,
Suresh Raina,
Rohit Sharma,
Yusuf Pathan,
Harbhajan Singh,
Zaheer Khan,
Ishant Sharma,
Praveen Kumar,
Irfan Pathan,
Munaf Patel,
Pragyan Ojha,
Dinesh Karthik (wk)

biased indian

International Coach
Test squad:
Virender Sehwag,
Gautam Gambhir,
Rahul Dravid,
Sachin Tendulkar,
VVS Laxman,
Yuvraj Singh,
Harbhajan Singh,
Zaheer Khan,
Ishant Sharma,
Munaf Patel,
M Vijay,
Amit Mishra,
L Balaji,
Dhawal Kulkarni,
Dinesh Karthik (wk)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
A bit surprising that there is no reserve middle order batsman in the test squad... Guess they felt Dinesh Karthik or Vijay can bat in the middle order in case of an emergency... No real issues but Kulkarni and Balaji are both a bit from the left field for me.. Would have preferred Irfan Pathan and Praveen Kumar instead...

Evermind

International Debutant
Why isn't Irfan Pathan in the reckoning for a place in the test squad? He lends a great balance to the side.

adharcric

International Coach
Balaji over Praveen Kumar? You've got to be kidding me. Either Balaji or Kulkarni should have made it, but not both.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Balaji > Kumar in the domestic cricket. Plus the difference in their speeds is nominal.
Actually, Praveen Kumar has the superior FC record. More importantly, he's troubled top-class batsmen in international cricket not too long ago. Balaji showed some promise several years ago and he didn't look threatening at all against Sri Lanka the other day. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a call-up and I'm actually happy for him, but Praveen Kumar should easily be ahead of him in the queue.

Last edited:

Precambrian

Banned
Actually, Praveen Kumar has the superior FC record. More importantly, he's troubled top-class batsmen in international cricket not too long ago. Balaji showed some promise several years ago and he didn't look threatening at all against Sri Lanka the other day. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a call-up and I'm actually happy for him, but Praveen Kumar should easily be ahead of him in the queue.
Haha what? Which Indian bowler looked alright? And against a rampaging Jays 5-0-32-0 is not a terrible effort. I was gutted he was not called to bowl his full quota.

Apart from that, Praveen has undoubtedly the better record, but has been off the boil for most of this year, while Bala has been stupendous since his comeback, and deserved the call.

It is debatable as to whether Kulkarni should have got the ODI nod ahead of Kumar though. Kulkarni bowls max at 120 kmph and his normal speed is 115, which even Harbhajan can achieve if he want.