• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Anyways in between the cricket series, its great to see the Australian players working out some time to meet the bushfire victims.
"Well, my house has been razed to the ground, but I did get to shake Callum Ferguson's hand, once he told me who he was...."

Nope. Now a dibbly dobbly. In fact he's NDs Diamanti or Bowden.
Not a dibbly dobbly - still bowls at a useful enough clip for a medium pacer. He doesn't even play for Northern Districts. Do you want to embarrass yourself even further or would you rather stop here? When Butler puts in the occasional effort ball (bowled a couple in the OD final), I'd wager he'd register around 135kmh.

tbh I was actually surprised when I saw him on TV, he was bowling quicker than expected off a full run and the keeper was still standing back.

Nevertheless I have pretty good sources on Butler and by all accounts his reduction in pace will be permanent and he will pretty much be restricted to limited overs cricket as he'll never be able to bowl spells of longer than a few overs.

Honestly, if he can bowl accurately and smartly at 130kph he'll be a better bowler than he was in the first place anyway!
Agree with all of that - he was certainly guilty of sacrificing accuracy for speed in his international career Mk I, but I liked what I saw in the OD final.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
"Well, my house has been razed to the ground, but I did get to shake Callum Ferguson's hand, once he told me who he was...."
Nah get out, given that they were two days out from the deciding match in a series, it was a great gesture for them to go out and do something for the victims. What would you rather they do? Raise $10 million dollars for them? Oh wait...

pup11

International Coach
QLD ruining it for the rest of us, as usual.
Would be a shame indeed if the game gets rained off, was really looking forward to this game, this ODI series has been one of the best in recent times and it would be so disappointing if it has such an anticlimax.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would be a shame indeed if the game gets rained off, was really looking forward to this game, this ODI series has been one of the best in recent times and it would be so disappointing if it has such an anticlimax.
Well unfortunately it's been raining all day. Sort of a medium type of rain as well - not spitting and not bucketing, just raining. When this type of rain sets in in Brisbane it can take a couple of days to clear.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So spewing I just woke up and was hoping for overcast conditions with no rain. Gutted, now I have no idea what I should do, probably just head to the Chalk and have a beer for breakfast.

Does anyone have any official news of the absolute earliest time that this match could start?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Apparently the earliest time possible to get underway is 3:30pm AEST. But it won't happen. :(

Australia#1

Cricket Spectator
Rain looks like it has washed this game out completly, lucky for New Zealand, on paper it now reads 2-2 but if this game had went along Aussies would have won 3-2.

thierry henry

International Coach
Dammit, why can't they play some really old random highlights, much prefer those over recent games that I've seen highlights of a million times

Australia#1

Cricket Spectator
It has been a good ODI series, both sides didn't play at there best but it has been good to watch.

It has been a good warm up for Australia for the next couple big series.