• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Australia#1

Cricket Spectator
What don't you get?

He called him a World Class ODI batsman. Completely different forms of the game, and yes, 1 can be World Class in one and not the other (Bracken, Mills, Taylor).

Fair enough, yes he is a good ODI batsmen, still I respect the players more that go well at both.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yet. Taylor and Elliott are getting there quick though.
Taylor is world-class, an average of over 40 shows that I reckon. Grant Elliot tho? Bloke's played 9 innings in ODI cricket. He's done much better than I thought he would, but you're jumping the gun quite significantly there.

Australia#1

Cricket Spectator
Anyhow I exspect the Aussies to win pretty easily tomorrow, should be a good game though. Hope McCullum gets some runs, love watching him bat, hope Ponting gets some big runs and guides the Aussies to a series win.

Should be a good game.

Perm

It's times like this when I really wish moderators could use ignore lists. You can tell he's a lost cause but you can also tell he's probably not going to do anything banworthy so we're stuck with him. Such is life.
Reckon this is pretty out of place coming from a mod. You guys should be more welcoming to new members, and above these sort of comments.

Australia#1

Cricket Spectator
Reckon this is pretty out of place coming from a mod. You guys should be more welcoming to new members, and above these sort of comments.

They can't accept I have a different opinion then them, you's have prooven to be very narrow minded to date, disapointing.

Polo23

International Debutant
The game is going to be a washout. 40% chance of rain throughout the day in Brisbane, and 100% chance of rain at night.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah that's a fair point although I didn't actually direct the comment at him. Probably should have kept it to myself anyway, sorry guys.

andyc

Tipping a big knock from Ponting tomorrow. Didn't hear much on here about the boys seeing the fire victims. Good on 'em. Seemed Punter was pretty affected by it, the way he was speaking - said he sat next to a woman who told him he looked like her son, who's been missing since Saturday. Reckon he'll dedicate a big knock to the victims tomorrow.
Tipping Australia to dedicate a win tomorrow to all the victims tbh, kind of similar to India's win over England after the bombings.

99*

International Debutant
I'm going to guess something like:

Australia, 283/7
Ponting 83, Haddin 58. O'Brien 2-37

NZ, 284/5
Taylor 110*, Elliott 47. Hopes 3-40.

NZ win by 5 wickets, win CH 3-2.

Australia#1

Cricket Spectator
That would be a joke of a way to end a fascinating and extremely close series. I'd much prefer a washout.
A few would rather see a washout I would think but me myself would much rather see a result in the series even if that means the last game be effected by DWL.

Precambrian

Banned
Yeah that's a fair point although I didn't actually direct the comment at him. Probably should have kept it to myself anyway, sorry guys.
I think you are Prince EWS the Cricket chatter, and entitled to your opinion.

I don't think Prince EWS the Moderator needs to post here.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
*sigh*

Ignore list material.
Unfortunately when I click on said users public profile it comes up with somebody elses.....
Un-ignorable. :(

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
lol how was that comment not directed at me, it clearly was, but I don't really care lol.
It was about you, but I wasn't actually directing it at you. I wasn't talking to you, just about you, which makes it less aggressive.

Probably shouldn't have said it either way though, I apologise.