• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Flem274*

123/5
I think Taylor's nearing that mark.

The real problem is, every last batsman other than him on that list has question marks over his head. A couple are unproven, a couple have serious injury concerns, Styris seems well past his best and none of them are particularly reliable. They're all fine individually but in a group like that it's a concern.

That's not saying they don't have a good one day cricket team, of course.. they have an excellent bowling unit which makes up for the shortcomings of their batting lineup as a whole.
Elliott?

Australia#1

Cricket Spectator
Is it not to early to call Taylor a World Class batsmen also, his a good batsmen but saying he is World Class is over the top.

Athlai

Not Terrible
In that case I can't think of to many, but overall we have a fair few better batsmen then him.
Yeah while in Test cricket he still has a bit of work to do to be considered world class I think he's there in one day cricket. And I'm happy with that.

Redbacks

International Captain
I think NZ's slight drop off in bowling/Aus getting their plans better has allowed us back into the series. Haddin being able to slog sweep Vetorri a couple times has been good for fixing our middle overs slumps.

Given it's a pretty inexperienced NZ side, they still have alot of improvement to look forward to, as do Aus.

Australia#1

Cricket Spectator
The opening partnership of Haddin/Clarke is alot more stable then Warner/Marsh and that's probally been the biggest difference.

GGG

State Captain
Is it not to early to call Taylor a World Class batsmen also, his a good batsmen but saying he is World Class is over the top.
We are talking ODI's and he has played 57 games, averages 40 and has a strike rate of 83. I would say that is world class.

Australia#1

Cricket Spectator
We are talking ODI's and he has played 57 games, averages 40 and has a strike rate of 83. I would say that is world class.
You can hardly call him world class when his not going well in both ODI's and Test's, when he averages 45+ in Tests I'll call him World Class.

Polo23

International Debutant
You can hardly call him world class when his not going well in both ODI's and Test's, when he averages 45+ in Tests I'll call him World Class.
What don't you get?

He called him a World Class ODI batsman. Completely different forms of the game, and yes, 1 can be World Class in one and not the other (Bracken, Mills, Taylor).