• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
8-)

Number four in the ODI ranking mean anything to you? Not to mention we're missing three of our best players.

And anyone with Cameron White in their team can't say **** about other teams. Australias Tama Canning (except he bowls "spin")
Agree with thou, Flem, but we have a lot more players out than you guys, though I grant you the importance of those you're missing.

Tipping a big knock from Ponting tomorrow. Didn't hear much on here about the boys seeing the fire victims. Good on 'em. Seemed Punter was pretty affected by it, the way he was speaking - said he sat next to a woman who told him he looked like her son, who's been missing since Saturday. Reckon he'll dedicate a big knock to the victims tomorrow.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Agree with thou, Flem, but we have a lot more players out than you guys, though I grant you the importance of those you're missing.
Yeah, both sides are fairly mediocre. Still some awesome players on display though, not to mention guys that didn't look the greatest early in their career (Johnson, Elliott)

FTR, backing Aussie to win the series because they have th momentum and it looks like McCullum might be out which brings in the might of Gareth Hopkins. Oh joy.

Burgey

Yeah, both sides are fairly mediocre. Still some awesome players on display though, not to mention guys that didn't look the greatest early in their career (Johnson, Elliott)

FTR, backing Aussie to win the series because they have th momentum and it looks like McCullum might be out which brings in the might of Gareth Hopkins. Oh joy.
Elliott's been great for you guys. A real find tbh.

It really does show, sometimes you can unearth someone who can do well at the top, even though their record at lower levels might not lead you to expect it from them.

Flem274*

123/5

It really does show, sometimes you can unearth someone who can do well at the top, even though their record at lower levels might not lead you to expect it from them.
When he leads us to victory tommorrow I shall be making the appreciation society. If he doesn't, I still will.

Australia#1

Cricket Spectator
To rate New Zealand as high or even higher then Australia is abit over the top, you lot like many other cricket fans are just hoping for a Australian decline because they have been so much better then the rest over a number of years.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Elliott's record at lower levels since moving to New Zealand has been absolutely brilliant though, to be fair.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's times like this when I really wish moderators could use ignore lists. You can tell he's a lost cause but you can also tell he's probably not going to do anything banworthy so we're stuck with him. Such is life.

Flem274*

123/5
It's times like this when I really wish moderators could use ignore lists. You can tell he's a lost cause but you can also tell he's probably not going to do anything banworthy so we're stuck with him. Such is life.
Yeah, that PEWS really is dire. :p

EDIT: Damn you for editing

Athlai

Not Terrible
To rate New Zealand as high or even higher then Australia is abit over the top, you lot like many other cricket fans are just hoping for a Australian decline because they have been so much better then the rest over a number of years.
Not better than Australia but close in the one day format and we've been close in recent years. And you aren't giving a depleted New Zealand side with a brand new untested coach (with some questionable policies like the slow starts) enough credit, both teams have played well below their best. At best Australia would win but New Zealand would definitely challenge them.

Flem274*

123/5
Gotta love the irony of that line.
:laugh:

I know us kiwis do jump up and down in fury at the smallest slight that comes our way, and we are sorry for that, but its infuriating being viewed as the natural easybeat number 8 team of cricket, even when we're clearly not.

EDIT: I lied. I love the chance to have a good patriotic rant at some troll.

Last edited:

Australia#1

Cricket Spectator
Sure I think New Zealand have a few talented players, Ross Taylor I rate extremly high but there overall package I don't rate very high at all.

Burgey

Elliott's record at lower levels since moving to New Zealand has been absolutely brilliant though, to be fair.
Yeah, didnn't phrase that very well - I guess I mean you occasionally get these surprise packets, fellas you might not rate but then they start to perform at a really good level. Johnson's such a bloke for mine - many, including me, have discounted his wickets as being to bad shots and players getting themselves out. But the point is, in a **** year for Australian cricket, he's really lifted and performed like a star.
Really, he just keeps taking wickets, and that's a great thing for us as we re-build. Give me a less technically proficient player who has luck in their side than a bloke who bowls with a perfect action but for whatever reason doesn't get the results.

Flem274*

123/5
Sure I think New Zealand have a few talented players, Ross Taylor I rate extremly high but there overall package I don't rate very high at all.
McCullum
Ryder
Guptill
Taylor
Styris
Oram
Elliott
Vettori
Mills
Southee
O'Brien

The weak link is...ummmmmmm..ummmmmmmmmm

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
There still isn't a world class ODI batsman.
I think Taylor's nearing that mark.

The real problem is, every last batsman other than him on that list has question marks over his head. A couple are unproven, a couple have serious injury concerns, Styris seems well past his best and none of them are particularly reliable. They're all fine individually but in a group like that it's a concern.

That's not saying they don't have a good one day cricket team, of course.. they have an excellent bowling unit which makes up for the shortcomings of their batting lineup as a whole.

Australia#1

Cricket Spectator
Australia will regain there dominence within 12 months, at the moment confidence is low and the selections are up in the air, once we pick our best team and start playing well there is no holding Australia back.

Last edited: