• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I was joking before when I said that Henriques would be in line for a call up because he was dropped by NSW. There seems to be a fashion for Australia playing guys who can't get in the NSW first class side.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricinfo - Australia call up Henriques for Twenty20

played against the New Zealanders recently as part of the Prime Minister's XI. He conceded 70 runs from ten overs and hit two sixes in his 13-ball 20 as the visitors were beaten by six wickets.

"The national selection panel regards Moises as an exciting young player with the all-round ability to play a role in the World Twenty20," Hilditch said. "We recently included him in the PM's XI match against New Zealand where he played exceptionally well and we are hoping this opportunity will help him to continue his development."
:blink:

Edit: Nice T20 season stats too...
Batting - 6 innings, 62 runs @ 12.4
Bowling - 14 overs, 3 wickets @ 40, ER 8.6

Last edited:

thierry henry

International Coach
I think Moles is gonna screw up our ODI batting

There were comments made about how he was going to implement a more cautious approach at the top of the order in ODI cricket, and it's obvious from McCullum's recent batting.

Setting your stall out for 1/100 off 25 leading to 270 is just not good enough imo.

Precambrian

Banned
I think Moles is gonna screw up our ODI batting

There were comments made about how he was going to implement a more cautious approach at the top of the order in ODI cricket, and it's obvious from McCullum's recent batting.

Setting your stall out for 1/100 off 25 leading to 270 is just not good enough imo.
All based on just one ODI match? NZ have done superbly in the preceding 3 matches as far as batting is concerned. That said, I express my discomfort at having Cumming as a middle order batsman in the team.

thierry henry

International Coach
All based on just one ODI match? NZ have done superbly in the preceding 3 matches as far as batting is concerned. That said, I express my discomfort at having Cumming as a middle order batsman in the team.
No

Based on the last 5 matches

NZ have batted slowly at the top of the innings in all 4 matches this series and in the PM XIs match

This follows on from public statements from Moles that he wants NZ to take a more measured approach at the top of the order and that he likes the old-fashioned idea of openers batting through in ODIs

Precambrian

Banned
No

Based on the last 5 matches

NZ have batted slowly at the top of the innings in all 4 matches this series and in the PM XIs match

This follows on from public statements from Moles that he wants NZ to take a more measured approach at the top of the order and that he likes the old-fashioned idea of openers batting through in ODIs
But they have done not too badly have they? That said, McCullum can serve NZ best if he bats like himself and not some shadow.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Henriques is a dire selection, if they wanted to reward good young potential why not give Reardon or Quiney a go?

Sylvester

State Captain
They wanted an all rounder it seems. It is only a T20 when they start picking him for the ODI then start getting worried.