• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Flem274*

123/5
Not enough if Australia get going. Need Clarke, Haddin and Ponting early. Quite possible considering its a makeshift opening partnership and Pontings form, but it needs to happen.

The Australian top 3 are the key. If NZ get rid of them cheaply, they will win, unless Dussey and White show ability they haven't yet or Ferguson is the real deal this early in his career. Mussey is world class, but he would need someone at the other end.

Top order fire, bar heroics, Australia win.

pup11

International Coach
Ahh I see, fair enough. 99% of his posts in this thread today have been about Hilfenhaus though so I was unlucky. :p
Yeah mate, i am fan of his and want to see him do well, there are a few issues with his ODI bowling that he needs to work with atm, but i am afraid he might have hurt his chance of playing in South Africa with his performances in the last 3 ODI's he has played.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
So, how about that Hilfenhaus lad? Bowling puss, liability in the field and can barely pick up a bat.

People going to listen to me yet or does he still bowl "late outswing at 145 clicks" with a "massive future"?

Craig

World Traveller
So, how about that Hilfenhaus lad? Bowling puss, liability in the field and can barely pick up a bat.

People going to listen to me yet or does he still bowl "late outswing at 145 clicks" with a "massive future"?
Yeah looks rubbish as a ODI bowler. Maybe in Tests he might be different.

inbox24

International Debutant
Not even you would ever consider bringing up Hopes for the test team like Slater did.

Dire.
McDonald is just as bad tbh, same type of bowler, same type of batsmen, averages a few more runs a with bat, a few less with ball. At worst the only 'all-rounders' who should be playing for Symonds and Watson, with Hopes in for injuries.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Yup & along with Tait the worst Australian fielder I've seen for years

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

DWTA.

He needs to improve, no doubt about that, but he has the raw talent there to do well at the international level. He just needs to learn a bit of patience.

pup11

International Coach

Yeah its great time for all Hilfenhaus haters to say, "i told ya so", but i think he has enough abilty in there, obviously there are things he needs to seriously work on, and if he can do that, then he would have a good future as an Aussie quick in years to come.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I always wonder, why do they never have 'away' commentators on the Aussie coverage? I much prefer it when you have a couple from the opposition team like there usually is on Sky.