• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Baffles me why the called Siddle up, then haven't played him. Loving the fact that Ponting is fielding at point today, such a gun fielder.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's happened to the flier in ODIs this Aussie summer? I know we've been crap, but both the other sides haven't often got a 0 or 1/90-100 off 15-17 start either.

I suppose we've batted 1st a lot which hasn't helped given we're playing crap, but are the teams thinking more of having wickets in hand when they have their batting PP at the expense of quicker runs up front? It's not like all of a sudden there's been a bowling renaissance is it?
I reckon it's a combination of quite two-paced pitches this year and evolution in tactics. In Twenty20, when it first came about, if a team lost lost of wickets in teh first 10, the game was over as a contest for the next 10. Now batters have evolved their tactics to account for any runs lost in the early overs able to be made up later. Same with ODI's, I reckon.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah, indeed.
Now this decision shows that its a stupid squad selection.
Why pick Boult and Diamanti if you had no intention of playing them.

Did the selectors think we wouldn't be competitive, and now its come back to haunt them?

Seriously, if you dont replace Patel with Diamanti then why is he in the squad. Would have loved to see Thompson playing instead.
Agreed. Better batsman (a more consistent Southee) and is one of the best List A bowlers.

pup11

International Coach
NZ to get 260, Aus will struggle chasing that.
Can't see how many they would get, but still can see Aussies struggling to get there, Australian team have been pretty poor at chasing down totals in ODI cricket for a while now, and its kind of surprising tbh, because when you play with 8 batsmen, you should back yourselves to chase most targets, but that's certainly not been the case with the Aussies.

social

Baffles me why the called Siddle up, then haven't played him. Loving the fact that Ponting is fielding at point today, such a gun fielder.[/QUOTE

Crazy stuff - with him in the side and either White or Ferguson sitting out, it actually looks a pretty good side

pasag

RTDAS
On the bright side, if Hilfenhaus had done well in this series he would have been an almost certain starter against SA....

social

WTF Ian Healy talking to the Comm Bank bloke - "Is there a specific branch that's been hit down there in the fires?"

What kind of a question is that? I know this isn't Frost-Nixon, but please. ****.
Heals also appears to be cultivating the most dreaded of all hairstyles, the "swoop"

Every time I see him his hair part is getting further down the side of his head