• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Fair to say that Cloke probably wasn't expecting his team mate to punch his lights out during a practice match.
Yeah, I think it's pretty close to a sucker punch too. Didn't look like Cloke had his eye on him or that he was expecting anything.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I know it was only a pre-season match, and that the Eagles played a lot of their kids whereas we played close to our senior team, but it was good to see the guys run around tonight. Ignoring the scoreboard, several of our blokes looked really sharp (well, if you're not going to look sharp at this time of the year, when will you), and I enjoyed seeing Corrie do some ok stuff in the black and white, as well as seeing Didak and Shaw back on the field (still think they were dumb as dog**** and deserved what they got or maybe more, but given they've done their time, I'm prepared to give them a second chance providing they don't mess up again).

In particular, was good to see Cameron Wood and Ben Reid running around and looking useful. Leigh Matthews comments on Wood were interesting and probably very accurate, re: the areas he needs to improve, but geez he looks so much better as a ruckman than Bryan or even Fraser (Fraser >> Wood around the ground still atm however). If Collingwood is to take the next step this year, Wood and Reid will be the two that will have to deliver on some of their promise. I think they could do it - Reid in particular I think is going to be clearly our first choice CHB by year's end, and emerge as a top-tier player.

To answer Clapo's point re: Leigh Brown being dire, I'd suggest that if Reid steps up, Nathan Brown is decent again, and Harry O'Brien has another good year, Leigh Brown will play a handful of games at best.

Can't wait for the proper season to start, but happy with how we're looking at this stage of the preseason.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, I think it's pretty close to a sucker punch too. Didn't look like Cloke had his eye on him or that he was expecting anything.
A smack in the mouth was probably a shock, but as they were grappling with each other he had to expect some kind of response from O'Hailpin.

Sucker punch to me is one without warning or one that's unprovoked.

Way over the top whatever & I'm not condoning it, but was a decent punch all the same, which one can't help but admire in a primal kinda way.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To answer Clapo's point re: Leigh Brown being dire, I'd suggest that if Reid steps up, Nathan Brown is decent again, and Harry O'Brien has another good year, Leigh Brown will play a handful of games at best.

Can't wait for the proper season to start, but happy with how we're looking at this stage of the preseason.
It's not just my point though, it's everyones :D

Actually, I would have thought that if/when Brown gets game-time, most of it would be up forward.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
It's not just my point though, it's everyones :D

Actually, I would have thought that if/when Brown gets game-time, most of it would be up forward.
Yeah right - ahead of Cloke, Rocca, Anthony, Dawes, Rusling, and Reid as talls?

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Same, but hoping between him and Rusling we get close to 15-20 games... Rusling is the Shane Bond of the AFL. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.