• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was right about Taylor and Oram, though that wasn't a dificult call to make, even for a 12-13 year old or however old I was back then. :p
Yeah - Taylor's always looked as if he's got the goods. He's always been such a natural timer of the ball and seems to pick the ball up so early. You don't see that very often in New Zealand cricket, so it was quite easy to pick him as a future Black Cap at a young age.

Did you see the Auckland vs. Canterbury 20:20 today? How big a unit is that Luke(?) Vivian bloke?

EDIT: And agree with you on Wagner. He looked exceptional for Otago the other day - easily the best bowler on show (much smoother and more natural action than Franklin). Shame he's a Yarp.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah - Taylor's always looked as if he's got the goods. He's always been such a natural timer of the ball and seems to pick the ball up so early. You don't see that very often in New Zealand cricket, so it was quite easy to pick him as a future Black Cap at a young age.

Did you see the Auckland vs. Canterbury 20:20 today? How big a unit is that Luke(?) Vivian bloke?
Haven't been home for three days, so, no. Sounds like BFJ has a lunch mate though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Uncharacteristically poor effort from Mills today. This wicket doesn't really suit him but he's bowled quite a few loose balls.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ferguson >>> most vegetables >>> White. Have no idea why he didn't come in at four/five.

pasag

RTDAS
It annoys me so much that this is the first time Grieg (and probably most of the comm box) have seen Ferguson play. Pretty pathetic really.

HeathDavisSpeed

Haven't been home for three days, so, no. Sounds like BFJ has a lunch mate though.
Nah. This Vivian guy looks like he spends his days ripping trees out of the ground with his bare hands. 6ft 5in and 126kg I think they said. A man mountain and looked more muscle than fat.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It annoys me so much that this is the first time Grieg (and probably most of the comm box) have seen Ferguson play. Pretty pathetic really.
Bill Lawry admitted he'd never heard of Grant Elliott before the second ODI, despite the fact that he played the first Test of the summer and in fact the first ODI which was played only a few days before, both of which Lawry commentated. That's far worse.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Bill Lawry admitted he'd never heard of Grant Elliott before the second ODI, despite the fact that he played the first Test of the summer and in fact the first ODI which was played only a few days before, both of which Lawry commented. That's far worse.
:laugh::laugh:

Lawry = Chump.

He only knows about a player if they're from Victoria. I wouldn't be surprised if he commentates via satellite from Melbourne.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bill Lawry admitted he'd never heard of Grant Elliott before the second ODI, despite the fact that he played the first Test of the summer and in fact the first ODI which was played only a few days before, both of which Lawry commented. That's far worse.
Haha that's rubbish.

Flem274*

123/5
Bill Lawry admitted he'd never heard of Grant Elliott before the second ODI, despite the fact that he played the first Test of the summer and in fact the first ODI which was played only a few days before, both of which Lawry commentated. That's far worse.
:laugh:

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah I remember recently (India perhaps?) Nicholas didn't realise the microphone was on and the camera went on Doug Bollinger and he asked 'who's that?'.