• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Craig

World Traveller
What the hell would a bunch of Aussies in the Comm box, one big fake (Greig), and some **** know about New Zealand cricket?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If this is looking like a 300+ pitch I think we'd take 44/0 off 10.
Either I need a new tv or this pitch looks patchy and 2 paced

Think the commentators are getting carried away with claims of a 270 + pitch

inbox24

International Debutant
Nah, Ferguson does have a future in Australian colours, has been that way for quite a while, the blokes got class. Hussey/Ponting/Symonds aren't going to be around forever, and I'd expect to see Ferguson getting more opportunities in the short-mid term future because of this. Warner has had plenty of opportunities, and he's failed miserably in the majority of them because at this stage he's quite simply nothing but a slogger. Hoiks across the line that regularly result in scores of 10 > is not what Australia need now when they're in a must win game, nor in the future. He needs to go back to domestic level and find a way to bat when the conditions aren't right for having a swing. The idea that he's one of our best 7 options when taking team balance into perspective is laughable, even though I detest the idea of Haddin/Clarke opening.
I agree with you on the fact that this current opening pair should be in the middle order.

Warner does need some more time at domestic level, because it seems he can't play orthodox cricket shots through the on side.

I just struggle with the fact that Ferguson could be the future of Australian cricket. Surely there must be someone else.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Either I need a new tv or this pitch looks patchy and 2 paced

Think the commentators are getting carried away with claims of a 270 + pitch
Yeah, 270 would be an excellent first innings score. It'd require a mammoth chase really because I expect the pitch to get less consistent in the second innings.

inbox24

International Debutant
It seems that Richie's getting a on a bit, probably replace him permanently with Gilchrist. Greig should go too, loves South Africa too badly, he should just move back there. And also Healy for obvious reasons.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
O'Brien, also described as a "handy cricketer" by Bill Lawry, into the attack. This is a real key moment of the game IMO. I think he could get hammered here but he'll probably pick up a couple if he bowls well as I expect them to go him.

Craig

World Traveller
It seems that Richie's getting a on a bit, probably replace him permanently with Gilchrist. Greig should go too, loves South Africa too badly, he should just move back there. And also Healy for obvious reasons.
And then he bats off about England (because he was their captain), some mythical aunt in Sri Lanka so they count, any opposition team, but he will bat off about Australia as well. Make up your mind **** :dry:

Flem274*

123/5
O'Brien, also described as a "handy cricketer" by Bill Lawry, into the attack. This is a real key moment of the game IMO. I think he could get hammered here but he'll probably pick up a couple if he bowls well as I expect them to go him.
We understand our talent base too apparently.

My relpy" Least we don't need Hopes or White to make a team.