• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha, Benaud trying to track back Mills's improvement as a bowler to his batting of all things. I don't think he's on the money there; Mills's breakthrough tour was South Africa a few years back and I don't think he did much with the bat on it either.
It was such a random thing to suggest. Mills has been alright with the bat for a while.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha my top team would be:

McCullum
Ryder
Guptill
Taylor
Fulton
Broom
Oram
Mills
Vettori
Southee
O'Brien

12th man Patel

Anything happens to any of those batsman Elliott is in the team.
Yeah I'd have Elliott in for Fulton if the available position was #5. Other than that I agree.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, Benaud trying to track back Mills's improvement as a bowler to his batting of all things. I don't think he's on the money there; Mills's breakthrough tour was South Africa a few years back and I don't think he did much with the bat on it either.
He didn't but New Zealand tried to, he batted at 3 in one of the test matches. :laugh:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Where did I say that Clapo?

Warner's got more potential.
"We must pick the best batsmen available" yet you had Warner ahead of White/Ferguson. No matter what potential Warner has, there's not way he is currently a better batsmen than either of White/Ferguson.

JBH001

International Regular
Haha my top team would be:

McCullum
Ryder
Guptill
Taylor
Fulton
Broom
Oram
Mills
Vettori
Southee
O'Brien

12th man Patel

Anything happens to any of those batsman Elliott is in the team.
I'd rather have Elliott in myself, even over Fulton, and perhaps even Oram. McCullum drops down.

1. Ryder
2. Guptill
3. Taylor
4. Oram
5. Elliott
6. Broom
7. McCullum
8. Mills
9. Vettori
10. Southee
11. O'Brien

12. Patel.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Haha I remember that; new-ball-watchman. I'm not sure if that was the same tour though, actually.
Kinda the same tour... New Zealand played the ODI series a few months early, Mills did well there and then had a good return test series where he was New Zealand's best bowler.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit of carnage from the Aussie's at last, I really think Vettori should have batted first in this game