• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lee Carseldine FTW. Hey it may not be a bad idea, I know he is 33, but he has missed a lot of cricket, so he has plenty of time left in his career and his motivation and hunger would be of the highest order. Wouldn't do any worse then Dussey IMO.
Agree re: Carseldine. Going guns atm. Am actually surprised he didn't make the current two game squad.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
FFS, Healy, do some research before you blab bull****.

"McCullum has just 4 50's against Australia, batting at the top of the order."

Umm, no! I'd say all of them are down at 6-8.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
McCullum - is he out of form? Loss of confidence? Never been in form - last year was the best we are going to see of him?

What's up with him?

pup11

International Coach
Hilfenhaus bowling poorly so, but seriously can't blame him either, he has been sitting on his haunches since the 4th ODI against South Africa.

Last edited:

Precambrian

Banned
Hilfenhaus bowling poorly so, but seriously can't blame him either, he has been sitting on his hunches since the 4th ODI against South Africa.
You seriously are the most one-eyed Aussie supporter on boards. Lol! You have got an excuse handy for every poor Aussie performance mate!

Good to see McCullum playing with brains.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
You seriously are the most one-eyed Aussie supporter on boards. Lol! You have got an excuse handy for every poor Aussie performance mate!

Has looked awful tbh and is lucky not to have holed out in the previous over.

Craig

World Traveller
'When the Australian selectors picked their squad to tour South Africa, I'm surprised they didn't consider James Hopes as an all-rounder'

pup11

International Coach

Ok i have had it.....

Go **** yourself, you ****ing ****

pasag

RTDAS
Far out most of you annoy me. You'd be criticising them if they'd lost 5 or 6 heading into the final ten and now you're firing up for them not going quickly enough.

The facts are, Australia's batting has been very fragile of late, so instead of going for it and getting out for <200, they're posting a total to give themselves a chance.

Yes it's not going to be a large score, but it's competitive, a hot day and we're more than in with a shot.
Will probs collapse so will keep this brief. I think what we've seen is two extremes of poor ODI batting in the past few matches. You don't want your batsmen to throw their wickets away and play like headless chickens, but at the same time you want them to score at a reasonable rate and take some calculated risks. Two boundaries off the last 12 overs or whatever it was with plenty of wickets in hand is just rubbish ODI batsmenship.