• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Annoyed Ferguson only got to face 6 balls. Still a bowler short which is ridiculous, especially when you consider that Hopes didn't even get a bat.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Reckon 225 is quite a decent score imho. Bracken will be great, Jonners should go well... but the rest is a mixed bag. As Clapo said, we could really have used the extra bowler.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone else sick of everyone always saying ..'these smallish totals are always tricky'?
First the C9 commentators & now cricinfo. It's better chasing 226 than 260 last time I checked

Son Of Coco

Cricinfo - 1st ODI: Australia v South Africa at Melbourne, Jan 16, 2009

How does Hussey say 225 is a par score, after looking at that match played less than a month ago?
Call me silly, but it is possible conditions are slightly different to a month ago? I don't think they only take where you're playing into account for the par score on a given day.

Besides, any golfer will tell you 225 is actually 153 over par on a course with a par of 72. I think it's safe to say Australia won't be playing the money rounds on the weekend :sleep:

Pieface

Cricket Spectator
Important knocks for Clarke and M. Hussey purely for the confidence.

NZ to win for mine. Can't see them getting dodgy calls etc and mucking up the chase twice in a row.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Anyone else sick of everyone always saying ..'these smallish totals are always tricky'?
First the C9 commentators & now cricinfo. It's better chasing 226 than 260 last time I checked
Half the time i back NZ to get 300 chasing rather than 150.. we just seem to make the smaller ones a challenge.

or maybe it just seems like that

Evermind

International Debutant
Mark Nicholas talks to Michael Slater.

Just went on my list of "least favourite things in the world"

Edit: Clarke on now.

:blink:

Evermind

International Debutant
Very different deck, quite slowish. You watching the game?
Yep, yep - watched both games. And definitely it's slower, but I'm really not sure it's that much slower. I think I'd say it's more of NZ discipline and Aussie waywardness rather than pitch conditions playing up here.

Redbacks

International Captain
Half the time i back NZ to get 300 chasing rather than 150.. we just seem to make the smaller ones a challenge.

or maybe it just seems like that
I thinks it relative, defending 300 a captain is likely to be happy keeping the opposition at 4.5 an over so will be keeping scoring to 1's then on the other hand when defending smaller totals the expectations change, and vise versa with the batters. A bit similar to how tasks seem to always expand out to fit a deadline.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Surely this will be Warner's last game of the series. Should also be Dussey's last game no matter what the result tonight. Get rid of Warner and promote Hopes!