• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

Athlai

Not Terrible
Athlai's Constantly Changing Domestic T20 XI!!!

IA Robertson 32 @ 32 SR 133
HD Rutherford 41 @ 41 SR 178
JG Myburgh 73* SR 174 4-0-27-1 Econ 6.75
(*)NL McCullum 76* SR 181 3-0-38-1 Econ 12.67
D Mascarenhas 57* SR 163 2-0-14-0 Econ 7.0

JEC Franklin 50* SR 179 4-0-34-1 Econ 8.5
(+)PD McGlashan 52 @ 52 SR 153
GR Napier 1 @ 1 SR 33 2-0-7-1 Econ 3.5
BP Martin 10* SR 143 4-0-16-3 Econ 4.0
Azhar Abbas 4-0-24-2 Econ 6.0
MJ Mason 4-0-20-1 Econ 5.0

Expect the openers to change quite rapidly. 4-7 should be solid. The bowling could go in any direction too.

Otago Volts
Wellington Firebirds
Auckland Aces
Northern Knights
Central Stags
Canterbury Wizards

Table should read like that I think with Otago being at roughly 1.5 up in the NRR, Wellington 1 up, Auckland .5 up.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I really think McGlashan has started to come in to his own in the last 2 or 3 seasons. His ability to score quick runs is something else. If Ryder is in the Black Caps then I don't think Elliott needs to be there as the extra bowling option is covered so i'd go with this team:

Ryder
McCullum
Guptill
Taylor
Broom
Oram
McGlashan
Mills
Vettori

I don't dislike Elliott but if you look through the last 2 or 3 seasons at domestic level, McGlashan has won and nearly won a number of games for ND when they've almost seemed out of the game but smashing a tonne of runs at the death.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
McGlashan = rubbish. I'd rather Lee Germon was back playing for NZ. You may as well select a team with Luke Woodcock in it too. He's distinctly average.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Form what I've seen of McGlashan he's just not good enough to play for the Black Caps. Though neither is Hopkins.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really think McGlashan has started to come in to his own in the last 2 or 3 seasons. His ability to score quick runs is something else. If Ryder is in the Black Caps then I don't think Elliott needs to be there as the extra bowling option is covered so i'd go with this team:

Ryder
McCullum
Guptill
Taylor
Broom
Oram
McGlashan
Mills
Vettori

I don't dislike Elliott but if you look through the last 2 or 3 seasons at domestic level, McGlashan has won and nearly won a number of games for ND when they've almost seemed out of the game but smashing a tonne of runs at the death.
McGlashan ain't international quality old boy

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Good god, Hamish Rutherford is absolutely raping the wellington boys. 86 off 36 deliveries so far.

Polo23

International Debutant
Good god, Hamish Rutherford is absolutely raping the wellington boys. 86 off 36 deliveries so far.
Yeah, what the hell is going on?

Is this one of those freak once in a lifetime innings, or is this bloke actually good? Out now for 87.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds like he's finally starting to play like a chip off the old block. Now it just remains to be seen where he has the "late-cut-played-onto-the-stumps" shot in his armory.

Athlai

Not Terrible
NK 19/5

McGlashan fails 2 (6)
Marshall twins add a grand total of 2 (5)
Parlane a rapid 10 (14)
Flynn 2 (8)

Watling and Williamson have 13 overs to try reach a half decent total.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Good to see him at 3 though, shows that the selectors have been in his ear about where they want him to play.