• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't watch the first ODI, nor did i see any highlights until just now & on youtube.

IMO its possible that Haddin could have thought the ball hit the stumps before it went into his gloves, but that was ugly. As Vettori said luckliy NZ won since this would have a HUGE issue without a doubt.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, the ICC's been spared two times by the Black Caps recently. ON this ocassion in Perth and also in England with the whole Elliott/Sidebottom run out controversy. I wonder what would have happened had NZ not gone on to win either?

Polo23

International Debutant
Yeah, the ICC's been spared two times by the Black Caps recently. ON this ocassion in Perth and also in England with the whole Elliott/Sidebottom run out controversy. I wonder what would have happened had NZ not gone on to win either?
Not sure, but it says a lot about NZ to go on and win both matches after set backs like that.

Redbacks

International Captain
The Elliot situation was down to sportsmanship, under the laws of the game, if sidebottom accidently collided with Elliott and the player wasn't injured (he got up and attempted to run although he might have been hurt) then it's possible to be run out.

The problem is that this rule requires interpretation and can lead to conflict:

i.e. 1) if they collide but he would have been run out anyway, niether team really minds
2) if it would have been very close then you might think well that's just the luck of the draw happpens once in a blue moon, or you might not :tongue:
3) he definitely would have made it home, then he shouldn't be out, which was probably the case in this instance.
Then it's also fuzzy as to what is injured, deviation off of your line etc.

Last edited:

jondavluc

State Regular
Well Fergie isn't bad looking so honestly don't see your problem pup.Unless of course she is singing one of her songs when you picture her :scared:

pasag

RTDAS
Think I said this before, but McGain MUST be playing in this series.

a) We need an ODI spinner anyways
b) Some international cricket infront of large crowds and spending time with the team can only be a good thing.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clarke has always seemed to me to be a classical example of someone that has spent so long in the insulated environment that comes with being a sports star that he really has no clue about the outside world

Comments like these just reinforce that opinion plus further (if possible) endorse the opinion that he's surrounded by idiots who dont know right from wrong or, if they do, are too scared to speak lest it put an end to the gravy train they are on

Last edited:

Evermind

International Debutant
Good god. If there's one figure more odious than Ricky Ponting as a captaincy candidate in all of Australia, they've managed to find him.

social

Good god. If there's one figure more odious than Ricky Ponting as a captaincy candidate in all of Australia, they've managed to find him.
Picked it in one - any person that has blond streaks, Maori tatts, and an earring years after they go out of fashion is either a "captaincy material" or a half-wit

Guess which option CA chose?

Flem274*

123/5
Clarke doesn't have Maori tatts, unless you're talking about McCullum.

If its McCullum, many NZers have Maori tatoos, its part of our culture, especially, funnily enough, Maori culture. :p

Anyway, you picked our favourite day of riots and racial hatred, Waitangi Day, to say that. You probably won't enjoy the backlash if you were talking about McCullum. :p

social

Clarke doesn't have Maori tatts, unless you're talking about McCullum.

If its McCullum, many NZers have Maori tatoos, its part of our culture, especially, funnily enough, Maori culture. :p

Anyway, you picked our favourite day of riots and racial hatred, Waitangi Day, to say that. You probably won't enjoy the backlash if you were talking about McCullum. :p
No offence but Clarke has one and he isnt a Maori - he's simply a tragic