• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd be very surprised if Jake comes back for this series...spoke to him about 4 days ago and he's done no training whatsoever.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Presuming Ryder's fit for Melbourne:

Ryder
McCullum
Guptill
Taylor
Fulton
Broom
Mills
Vettori
Patel
Southee
O'Brien.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Who said ODI cricket was dead....?
It was a dramatic and exciting finish but a lot of the game was pretty poor and only made interesting by some ordinary decisions and some controversal moments.

If anything a game like this shows ODIs in a poor light. Basically, its the last 5 overs that really count and we shouldnt have to sit through a lot of dull stuff to get there.

ie it was the finish that made the game exciting, not what predceded it.

Great win for NZ. Not often I care about ODIs between teams Im neutral about but I wanted NZ today.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I mean Jake can probably step up to the twenty20 domestic league no prob, but fitness and form are a completely different level when your playing internationals.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Good god that gave me a fright! When we finally one I couldn't help but squeal with glee! (unfortunately waking up my girlfriend in the next room...prompting the usual "you and your ****ing cricket"...)

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good god that gave me a fright! When we finally one I couldn't help but squeal with glee! (unfortunately waking up my girlfriend in the next room...prompting the usual "you and your ****ing cricket"...)
:laugh:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Australian Team for the second ODI -

Clapo
Hopes
Ponting
Clarke
Dussey
Mussey
Haddin
Noffke
Heal
Johnson
Bracken

(face)

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Taylor since England
59*
61*
51*
48*
10 innings
5 50's
1 100
4 N/O
509 runs
Averaging 84.83

Days of Grace

International Captain
Mate shutup. No need to be a bad sport making accusations like that after your side won.
Mate we probably would have won in a canter if McCullum hadn't been sawn off by the umpire and Haddin didn't do some blatant cheating.

Why is it that almost every match involving NZ and Australia has to have controversial moments? Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Taylor since England
59*
61*
51*
48*
10 innings
5 50's
1 100
4 N/O
509 runs
Averaging 84.83
Yeah he's bloody good at the moment...he's curbed his tendency to play rash shots which has been the key.

99*

International Debutant
Taylor since England
59*
61*
51*
48*
10 innings
5 50's
1 100
4 N/O
509 runs
Averaging 84.83
Starting to play the way we all knew he could. Lets hope it stays this way for a long time.