• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Brad Haddin - ******* cheat. Dead set cheat. He's the only one who knew what happened there. Five match ban IMO.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah, Haddin's gloves took the ball just over and in front of the stumps and knocked the bails off.

Cheating Aussie ****.

pasag

RTDAS
Haddin's now been involved in two of the worst keeping moments of the past few years. The first one was when he threw his glove to stop a ball now this.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Maybe it's because Mills is better against the medium pacers than against spin"

Short memories. IIRC the four sixes he hit came against Lehmann and Hogg.

Perm

Haha, FTR I was kidding when I called Haddin a cheat. Pretty obvious to even the most passionate Kiwi that it wasn't deliberate, just very poor wicket-keeping.

stephen

To be fair, there was no question it was out until the replay. It really happened so fast. Square leg umpire if anyone should have called it, but it really did happen so quickly that it would be very hard to call.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, typical response from bitter Kiwis. Obviously not out, but I find it hard to believe Haddin did it on purpose.
Don't think anyone accused him of that.

But he must have known his gloves knocked the bails, I think it was poor stuff by him to celebrate the wicket.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, typical response from bitter Kiwis. Obviously not out, but I find it hard to believe Haddin did it on purpose.
Of course he didn't do it on purpose - but there's no way that's out and he's the only one who knew what happened. Instead he kept quiet and in that he is a through and through cheat.

Flem274*

123/5
Because you're so superior.8-)

I din't label him a cheat, but I think we're right to feel aggrieved there. If you're suggesting Aussie posters wouldn't react in that way then you're a bit biased imo. They'd be in the right to do some venting too.

Taylor oozing class here.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
What just happened to Broom there was dire. Wish **** like this didn't keep happening. The third umpire should definitely be able to reinstate him - if they can't interrupt the game now, at least let him come in at the next fall of wicket. Not really fair even then, but better than him simply being out.

Not sure what Haddin was thinking having his gloves in front of the wicket like that. Agree that he would have known that his gloves hit the wicket - he might have been unsure as to whether the ball also did, but going up in celebration like that rather than just appealing was poor. Everyone else can be excused only seeing it once live at full speed, but that brings us back to the point of letting the 3rd umpire intervene when an injustice like that occurs.